Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : One of us
 Mustardville
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/18/2016 7:10:49 PM reply with quote send message to Mustardville Object to Post   

A special young woman who started me on the adventure and addiction of ShowDog who happens to be my daughter is having a serious health crisis. She has been diabetic since she was 15 months old and is 27 now, and had open heart surgery now long before developing Type 1 diabetes. She has had to have many procedures on her eyes through the Mayo Clinic, and ultimately had to have surgery to attempt to give her the opportunity at saving sight in at least one eye. It is very complicated, and she can only be online a short time as right now she needs to keep her eyes facing downward through the healing process which can be at least 30 days if not more...so you all could, could you think of her.....She is a wonderful and strong young woman. Thanks.....
 My Valley Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2016 6:12:55 AM reply with quote send message to My Valley Dogs Object to Post

I'm so sorry you two are going through all this! I'll definitely be keeping her and you in my thoughts and prayers!! I can't imagine going through all of that, or watching your daughter have to go through it. Hoping for the best!
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2016 7:44:52 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Sending thoughts and prayers....hope it all goes well.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2016 8:45:37 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Add my good wishes to the others.
 Karen RR
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2016 1:07:13 AM reply with quote send message to Karen RR Object to Post

I hope her health improves. My thoughts are with you both.
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2016 3:24:41 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Thinking of you both x
 whipperwill
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2016 7:43:18 PM reply with quote send message to whipperwill Object to Post

Thank you! Today we got positive news that she is being incredibly compliant with directions and it is showing in her eye's recovery so far. It's been 6 days so far post op....

She is even sessioning her own dogs on here again! Proud of my girl!!!

Hugs all!

Shannon

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class