Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2016 8:52:00 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

bumping...
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2016 4:23:52 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

So I haven't paid much attention for a couple of weeks - has anyone seen the promised changes to judges?
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2016 8:05:18 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

we don't have any new judges and Jeff hasn't posted that anything was done, so one would have to assume that nothing has been done.
 Temora
Basic User

Basic User
8/19/2016 5:40:13 AM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post

Or something has been done but will take effect at the end of the month.
 GaylanStudio2
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/19/2016 1:56:03 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio2 Object to Post

The 'no comment' does leave it pretty much up in the air but I'm going to stick with the thought that we will see something different with the new month.

Fingers, toes, eyeballs - all crossed (lol)!
 KonaBlechen
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2016 5:18:42 PM reply with quote send message to KonaBlechen Object to Post

???? Silence ?????
Hopefully we can get a response and information.

There are way too many prefer DOGS judges.

Maybe some of the "handlers" can retire and become JUDGES. Like take the top 10 handlers and make them judges. Something to follow real life and change up the game. It is beginning to get repetitive in nature and too predictable with the handler favoritism and sex bias.
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2016 7:44:33 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

posted by KonaBlechen

While I do agree that needs to be fixed, it is still possible to special a bitch into the rankings.

#1 dog all breed is a bitch.

I personally specialed 2 bitchs into the top 10 allbreed for this month. My rottie bitch is setting some alltime BIS & show placing records for the breed.

So while its not a perfect situation, things can still be accomplished.

Will
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2016 6:50:07 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

posted by KonaBlechen
???? Silence ?????
Hopefully we can get a response and information.

Maybe some of the "handlers" can retire and become JUDGES. Like take the top 10 handlers and make them judges. Something to follow real life and change up the game. It is beginning to get repetitive in nature and too predictable with the handler favoritism and sex bias.

Agree that it's all too predictable currently and the silence on the judge issue is disappointing.

I am going to assume that he made these changes to take effect on Sept 1 and we'll see new judges, more owner-handler preferences and more bitch preferences. happy :) happy :) happy :)
 Strange Fellows
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2016 10:38:41 AM reply with quote send message to Strange Fellows Object to Post

The end of the month is drawing closer, and while one can always hope, some matter-of-fact information would still be highly appreciated. Also helps to avoid disappointments, doesn't it.

Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2016 11:23:00 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Anyone want to bet on who the new judges will be on Thursday?!! My bets are on Genevieve and Debbie....

K
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/29/2016 11:44:32 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Myron has been around for a long long time. Bet he's a new judge next week.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2016 11:12:32 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Jeff should shock and awe... Just drop 40 new judges and all new handlers... and watch everyone's jaw drop... and see how many people would complain about having to relearn all the handlers.

Will
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2016 12:28:50 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I think that would be awesome.

I would love to see Handlers change each month similar to the judges.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2016 2:39:38 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

posted by rhondacline

I would love that too - all new judges and handlers!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2016 3:13:29 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Well, I'm not sure I'd want to see all new judges and/or all new handlers but it would sure make all us old-timers sit up and take notice. Quite thye learning curve there.

No, I don't think "all new" is good for business, but a few new ones I could deal with (lol).
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2016 5:00:17 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

posted by rhondacline

Oh hell no! sad :( I personally would hate this! I barely have enough time these days just to enter dogs - let alone having to re-learn handlers!

I'm 100% fine with the way it used to be (getting 2 new judges per month) - as that was easy enough to deal with and created more opportunities for other breeds to get a look in - in the group/show placements.

I would be happy to even see perhaps 4 new judges a month - this would mix it up enough to make it more interesting without making it a complete makeover.

The thought of having to learn 80 new handlers for 40 new judges would be enough to make me quit.
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2016 6:17:29 PM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

posted by BarStar
Jeff should shock and awe... Just drop 40 new judges and all new handlers... and watch everyone's jaw drop... and see how many people would complain about having to relearn all the handlers.

Will

Will, you're bad. Wonder how many messages Jeff got from your silliness. laugh :D
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/1/2016 9:12:44 AM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

I have said for years that handlers should follow the same natural progression as in RL and become judges. We also need more "no handlers" judges. I much prefer to let my dogs take their chances on being judged for what they are than to be judged by who is on the end of the leash. LOL that goes for ShowDog and real life.
 KonaBlechen
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2016 1:09:26 PM reply with quote send message to KonaBlechen Object to Post

Just looked at Judge List ----
Nothing updated, same list of judges(27)
Must not have been able to upload and fix.

BUMMER..... Was really hoping for a change and improvement.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/1/2016 1:18:19 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

The "changes" that are happening today are supposed to address the need for more owner-handler/no handler judges. I keep looking but don't see anything obvious. Sure wish he'd give us a clue about what he has planned.

The normal progression is that new handlers come from the exhibitor ranks - junior handlers and owner-handlers who turn pro. New judges come from breeders mostly but also pro handlers.

In SD, I agree that we should see a few new handlers and some of the "older" handlers would become judges. (Judging is less physically demanding.) Handlers are more likely perhaps to come and go - to get into the top ranks is very demandng. Judges usually hang around longer in real life.

Perhaps we should have 4 new handlers each month to try out. Two "older" handlers would become judges and two that perhaps didn't catch on would retire and get a real job and as presently(?), two judges would retire. They are just names - Ellen the judge would have the same various profile features as any of the retiring judges.

Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.