.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2016 1:59:47 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Gaylan - I like your Handler/Judge idea a lot.

as for our current "judge" situation, I can't believe that Jeff would fix the 'odds' for judge preferences and not address the missing judges. At the very least I expected to see two judges retire and two new judges assigned. So, I keep telling myself he's still working on it.

I kept hoping to see something yesterday and felt like something was going to happen when the Schedule of Points emails were released, but then nothing.

Remember way back when, when we had weekly video 'conferences' to discuss updates to the game? <sigh>

Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2016 4:03:22 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio

Perhaps we should have 4 new handlers each month to try out. Two "older" handlers would become judges and two that perhaps didn't catch on would retire and get a real job and as presently(?), two judges would retire. They are just names - Ellen the judge would have the same various profile features as any of the retiring judges.

I like this idea alot!!
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/1/2016 4:53:08 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

The handler to judge idea has been suggested several times over the years.

I can't quite remember why it was never discussed further.

Will
 KonaBlechen
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2016 8:45:40 PM reply with quote send message to KonaBlechen Object to Post

Still no update. Giving this a bump to hopefully catch Jeff's eye. Any update other than SILENCE would be nice at this point.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2016 8:53:15 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

posted by KonaBlechen
Still no update. Giving this a bump to hopefully catch Jeff's eye. Any update other than SILENCE would be nice at this point.
I'm not sure if this counts as an update as it's for a slightly different thing - but still judge related.

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=603320

Jeff mentioned in the above linked thread that he doesn't know when he will be able to fix the many issues with the judges. :/
 KonaBlechen
Basic User

Basic User
9/10/2016 2:22:11 PM reply with quote send message to KonaBlechen Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=602053

Going back to this link and his own post on the 30th of August, he stated he was working on the Judges and that was the reasoning for a delay in the SDWC results.

Again the SILENCE of not giving an update to this issue is the frustration. Did he try and there was a glitch that did not allow the judge fix on the 1st? Did he not have time, ran into coding issues, etc....

Just wishing an update as much as the correction to the issue.

-----
Last edited by KonaBlechen on 9/10/2016 2:23:29 PM
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/10/2016 4:26:00 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

I just wonder why it quit working. It seems like we got the new judges, etc., without any problem for years, then it suddenly went kaflooey.
 chestara
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/14/2016 2:22:19 PM reply with quote send message to chestara Object to Post

There is only one no handler judge now. We need more of them. I hate it when it is the same judges every day. BORING!
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2016 6:00:35 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Yes, I am disappointed that this is still not fixed. I had a glimmer of hope when we saw Jem Eddy reappear - but I guess that was just an error.

It does seem to be the same judges over and over recently and I do miss judges who like owner handlers and judges who prefer bitches.

Obviously the game is not Jeff's priority so I guess this is just how it will be.

K

Replies in this thread : 49
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.