.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Disappearing GCH Points? Changing Top Breed GCH Record Holders
 LeBleu
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/10/2016 1:34:08 PM reply with quote send message to LeBleu Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So I was looking at one of my older dogs who died earlier this week.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14157811

I have noted in his call name that he achieved Bronze GCH
and the Bronze GCH emblem is there.
BUT when you scroll down to his points area it shows he earned 86 GCH points. ???

When I view the Clumber GCH record page it shows 86 also.

Have the points always disappeared like this?
(It looks like when the dogs die they start losing their GCH points)

It's the same for this dog too
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13849558
she's down to only 45 points.

I have to say it's very frustrating because I worked hard to get to the top of the list so my dog's would have a record there. An achievement for the kennel. But evidently when they die they're going to lose their spot regardless of how many points they earned anyway?!

Edited to add - I suppose it's the Best of Opposite points that 'fall off' after two months. But I really wish there was a way to maintain the FINAL number of points earned. Dogs 'maintain' the number of dogs beaten even after those shows fall off? Or maybe they don't?

-----
Last edited by LeBleu on 9/10/2016 2:11:28 PM
 DoggyPanache
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/10/2016 4:24:16 PM reply with quote send message to DoggyPanache Object to Post

It's frustrating. I'm started putting total dogs beaten in their call name. What about putting it in the dog's individual notes? Of course, that won't help with the final standings, etc., just for info.

-----
Last edited by DoggyPanache on 9/10/2016 4:24:39 PM
 Rensvik
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/10/2016 4:45:49 PM reply with quote send message to Rensvik Object to Post

This post made me check my Grand Champions --- they don't have to die, just retire. I checked an old Grand Champion of mine (still alive, but very old), and he got to Silver Grand Champion, the award still shows but his points are now down to 61!!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13921134

-----
Last edited by Rensvik on 9/10/2016 4:47:18 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/10/2016 5:25:22 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Disappearing points:

After a certain amount of time the old show records are deleted except, I believe for BoB.

Apparently the point totals are not a part of the dog's record but, I'm guessing, they are rolled up when the dog's record is accessed. If the show records are gone so are the points. The awards however are part of the individual's record and therefore are permanent.

Named and ForeverHomed dogs live forever. We take our ForeeverHome promise seriously here on SH. Unnamed ForeverHomed dogs however will disappear after about 30 days of being FH'd I believe.
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/11/2016 12:08:28 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

I was also dismayed to learn that get are deleted (because the unnamed FH dogs are). So when I wanted to see how many puppies my dog had sired, the numbers were totally wrong. I guess in the long run it doesn't really matter as long as the awards remain.
 LeBleu
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2016 12:33:40 PM reply with quote send message to LeBleu Object to Post

I feel that it does matter. (Not that anything will change) I worked hard and purposefully to get my dogs to the top of that list.

"Current" players have no chance of getting to the top of the All Time Top dogs list, so I thought the GCH list would be an opportunity to have your dogs and kennel leave a mark/record on the game for future players to see.

It's just frustrating.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.