Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Breed Suggestions
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/16/2016 2:14:59 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I've decided that I'm going to upgrade to a family account. SD has sucked me in beyond the point of no return. Currently, .A. Brand Kennels will stay PBGVs, .Alexandrite. is still Afghans and this kennel is Dachshunds. I can't decide if I want to spread my Dachshunds out into another kennel (I could easily have a family account in just this breed alone) or not yet. Nor have I been in Whippets long enough to be 100% positive I want to stay in the breed so I'm taking suggestions.

I like Picardy pics. They aren't a requirement tho.

Please don't be insulted if I get into your breed only to leave in a month. In 6 years if being on and off SD, I've only stuck with 3 breeds. I get bored easily.

I'm not competive enough to be interested in showing any breeds within the top ten. I've tried Dobes and Borzois and GSDs and Labs and said never again.

I like breeds with several colors. I've color bred a lot in my time. The older I get tho, the more I  realize that more than having about 20-30 colors is actually really overwhelming. The least amount of colors in my permanent breeds is PBGVs with 5. Afghans have 24 and Dachshunds have over 100 color/pattern/coat combinations.

I might be interested in helping with a color breeding project. I'm pretty good with handling up to 30 color combinations. After that, I lose my mind cause I want to breed them all and my kennel doesn't have that kind of room. Lol

I seem to stick with hounds the best. Don't know why that is but all of my permanent breeds are hounds.

I don't mind helping with breeds in need. They're cool. Two of my three permanent breeds were because I felt sorry and started breeding and got hooked. I may or may not get hooked tho. The process seems to be random. Lol

The only breeds I've been considering are Standard Poodles and Scottish Terriers. I've been in both before and would like to see if they could stay in my kennel forever but I'm sold on either yet.

Thanks for reading the book.
Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Lace Dreams on 9/16/2016 2:15:43 PM
 Società Eccentrica
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2016 2:43:34 PM reply with quote send message to Società Eccentrica Object to Post

Hey,

how about Italian Greyhounds? Officially a toy breed, but really just tiny hounds. We've recently lost a very active breeder, so we're almost a breed in needwink :)
Also, SOPs are only in the high 92s/ low 93s, so there's still a lot of work to do. And the solid colors are nearly extinct.
If this sounds good, I'm happy to help getting you started.
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/16/2016 4:16:37 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Beaucerons or Kelpies could sure use some more help.
 Chocolate Malt Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2016 4:24:56 PM reply with quote send message to Chocolate Malt Kennel Object to Post

I'm alone in German Spitz. There's quite a few colors, but most or them are extinct and would have to start from scratch. No pictures yet. Just a shot in the dark cuz well, hey, it's lonely out here LOL.
 Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2016 8:33:02 AM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

We could SERIOUSLY use some competition in Akitas
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2016 9:28:15 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

posted by Chocolate Malt Kennel
I'm alone in German Spitz. There's quite a few colors, but most or them are extinct and would have to start from scratch. No pictures yet. Just a shot in the dark cuz well, hey, it's lonely out here LOL.
I color bred German Spitz very briefly at one point in time! I believe what happened was that I didn't have enough room and so they had to go. The prefix was Hatzer. It might be fun to get into them again...would you mind PMing me details?

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.