Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Ibizan Hounds? Hidden Studs?
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/18/2016 2:56:21 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post   

Out of the five that are avalible for stud, three of them have a COI of over 15 with my girl and all five are white short haired.

Could someone please tell me how to go about finding hidden stud dogs?
 King of Foxes
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2016 3:51:16 AM reply with quote send message to King of Foxes Object to Post

I had a quick look for you but I couldn't find any hidden studs in abandoned kennels.

What I normally do is look through:

- All Time top list

- Dogs of Merit list

- Breeders who have posted in the breed forum in the past

And then click on random dogs and start going back through the pedigree - and click on each new kennel listed as previously being an owner of the breed.

Usually that allows you to find hidden studs.

Others might have more suggestions on ways to find them.

You could always try breeding current SOP stock back to source lines (especially if you have any colour breeding projects that are well established) as this will help to bring COI's down eventually (it will obviously take time though).
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2016 11:57:38 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Check your breeder directory also. Some dogs will show up in closed accounts. happy :)

ETA: I checked and couldn't find anything. I'm sorry.

Four

-----
Last edited by Fourlorn on 9/18/2016 11:59:34 AM
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2016 7:05:40 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post

Thank you both for looking and the tips. Sorry, meant to say that earlier.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.