Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Possibly adding a second breed
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/20/2016 5:35:26 PM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm going to give PBGV and Toyota Fox Terriers a shot. If they don't work out, Japanese Chins sound interesting. happy :)

-----
Last edited by In The Ghetto on 9/22/2016 10:46:29 AM
 Ariege
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2016 6:17:18 PM reply with quote send message to Ariege Object to Post

Wow - you're in all the breeds that I'm either in at the moment or have been in the past :P

Swedish Vallhunds could definitely welcome some new players!

Current high SOP is approx 95.40%

Showable SOP anything over 94.95%

We have one colour that has dominated for ages (Grey Sable) and there are several breeders working to bring back the lost colours.

We have GORGEOUS Picardy pics!!

ALL studs are $50 or $25 happy :)

The show ring is fairly quiet at the moment as I have decided to stop showing altogether and focus solely on breeding until Jeff fixes the games many faults.

More than happy to set you up with some broods etc. I've just bred 10 of my girls so I will have tonnes of pups born in 5 days happy :)
 Edge of Tomorrow
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2016 8:23:39 PM reply with quote send message to Edge of Tomorrow Object to Post

South African Boerboels might also interest you happy :)

Only downside is that we don't have Picardy Pics yet :/

Highest SOP is 90.40% (So we have a lot of room for improvement lol)

Showable SOP anything 90.00% and over.

Currently have 4 main breeders as well as 1 kennel focusing solely on colour.

ALL studs are $50 or less.

We have 7 colours - although I couldn't tell you what the percentages are at the moment etc as I've never bothered to focus on colours in this breed.

Showing is often quiet - and then it picks up again.

I've got pups due on the 23rd - so will be more than happy to get you started happy :)
 Beautiful Obsession
Basic User

Basic User
9/20/2016 8:36:13 PM reply with quote send message to Beautiful Obsession Object to Post

If you're looking for a 'quiet' breed to have in the background then Japanese Chins would also be happy to have some more help happy :)

We are a very quiet, peaceful little group happy :)

We only have 3 breeders. Keeskee has been a longterm breeder of Chins and has fantastic stock (both in breeding and showing).

I run 'Return to Sender' which is focusing on current SOP Lemons and Blacks. And I also have 'Beautiful Obsession' which is being used to bring back the lost colours (Reds, Sables and Black/White/Tan).

Rough SOPs per colour are currently at:
Black: 82 - 84 %
Lemon: 82 %
Sable: 30%
Red: 20 - 30%
BTW: 10 - 45%

Lemon and Black were the only two colours available when I joined the breed. I've been slowly bringing back the lost ones. This project will definitely be a lot easier now that Gallium has joined the breed and is colour breeding laugh :D

The show ring is generally a ghost town - I no longer show anymore.

Sales are fairly quiet too - as most litters are small.

Most Studs are at $50 or lower, but there are a few at $100.

Oooh - and we have BEAUTIFUL Picardy Pics!! laugh :D

Once again, let me know if this breed interests you and we can get you sorted happy :)
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2016 8:37:45 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

How about Dachshunds?

We have tons of colors and 3 coats if that's something you're interested in. Currently only wires are fully finishable. I'm finishing my first long since 2012, but the rest of the longs and all of the shorts are unfinishable.

I'm not sure what the current high SOP is but the highest I've personally bred is 96.35 and anything above 96 is finishable. I see people still showing 95.80+ but unless they've already been finished and are just garnering GCH points, I doubt they'd finish.

Most of the breeders have been in the breed a long time. I've personally had Dachshunds around since 2011 and have had a premie breeding them since late 2012. We're a friendly bunch and love helping newcomers.

Studs are $100 or less. Most are $50 or under.

Finishing a dog is easy. Nobody is cut-throat and most of us spread our dogs out among shows.

Edited to ad: Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen! Nearly forgot about my quietest little breed.

There's 5 colors. All 5 are in the game. White, black & tan are the only ones that have fallen a little behind.

There's a kennel that I found with dogs in the 92s but they're inactive and it's really sad. The rest of us are in the 90s. I bred my first 91 a few days ago. I've seen that people are still showing upper 89s as well. I personally am a snob and won't show anything below 90.30.

We are also a friendly bunch although we are smaller than Dachshunds.

Only downside to this breed is the lack of studs and the price of some of the studs.

Like I said before...you can finish almost anything lol.

My kennel in PBGVs is .A. Brand Kennels. I would be happy to set you up with the dogs I know would finish but don't want to session. wink ;)

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Lace Dreams on 9/21/2016 9:03:51 AM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/23/2016 3:18:52 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

A few I've joined recently that need support:

Greyhounds
Basenjis
Airdale*

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.