Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 20

Author Topic : SD CHRONICLE - OCTOBER 2016 ISSUE
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/1/2016 7:48:35 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

Hallelujah! It's DONE!!

For those of you holding your breath waiting for the new issue, Exhale.
It is finally done. Live and learn, even with help from Alexandria, I need to do better next month managing time and projects.

I am very pleased with this month's issue and I hope that you will be too. A couple of projects didn't get done, but we'll finish them up and they'll be ready for next month.

Enough already!! Here's the link to the OCTOBER 2016 Issue

anyflip.com/kpbt/srts/

When you're done, come back by and add your comments! How did you like it? What other columns would you like to see added? Etc, etc ... the world is your oyster! wink :)
 Renagade
Basic User

Basic User
10/1/2016 9:16:03 PM reply with quote send message to Renagade Object to Post

LOVE! Very creative and well laid out. Id like to make a suggestion, however.

Would it be possible to add a section for breeds in dire need? Like a breed spotlight? Breeders from these breeds could give information on the breed?

Four
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
10/1/2016 10:51:08 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

It looks awesome!!! I'm so proud to have so many of my dogs featured in this issue happy :)
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/1/2016 11:57:19 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

This is just plain amazing. The interview with Lorraine Horne blew my mind!
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2016 12:04:27 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Absolutely BRILLIANT!!

I love it! It looks sooo good!

I would totally buy this if it was a magazine on the shelf! happy :)

I loved the interview with Lorraine! :P

Loved seeing my boys in there too happy :)

Thanks for all your hard work - it's fabulous!

Rij of Dalkeith
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/2/2016 2:24:17 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Love it -- from start to finish. You have done a wonderful job of the e-Zine.
Congratulations and thanks for putting the time in to create it.

I agree with Renegade - a spotlight on breeds in need would be great. And maybe with kennels working on other projects like restoring lost colours in a breed.

I love the breed spotlight, and the judge's interview was fun. Also seeing everyone's real dogs is great.

happy :)
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2016 9:27:40 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Oh man its so flipping beautiful.

I need to learn to avoid procrastinating and my phone needs to learn how to behave razz :p

Glad y'all like it!
Alexandria
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2016 12:49:58 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

Love it - thank you
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2016 9:00:00 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

wow you guys did an amazing job!
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2016 9:21:05 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

You might also want to consider discussing the #1 dog all time in your breed profile.

Don't forget once a dog wins BIS at SDWC that he/she is no longer allowed to be shown in future SDWCs.

Ch Smatters Constant Rain won BIS in her first SDWC during May. She would have qualified for June, July and August if she had been allowed to show. Also, She is #1 All Time Breed for Dals & #1 All Time All breed for Dals.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=3032084

Magazine looks fantastic. Keep all the great work!

Will
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
10/2/2016 10:17:29 PM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

Love love love it!

Didn't realise my girl had won so many BIS this month, or that she was best bitch for the month. Thanks. <goes and pats her, gives her a treat and a hug>

Love your feature on a group. As others have suggested, perhaps a feature on a breed in need - take it from the featured group. Maybe the lowest ranked breed of that group? And perhaps a colour/trait project from that group?

My only glitch is with Lorraine Horne(loved the interview) - she better place some of my Wirehaired Pointing Griffons (different kennel) if she likes them so much!

Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2016 12:13:32 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

WOW! Great job to those to created this magazine. It looks like it took a lot of work, but it looks amazing, just like a real magazine! Congrats!
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2016 10:06:56 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

A HUGE THANK YOU! for all the kind comments. We are simply delighted that everyone is enjoying the ezine. I know I have had a lot of fun working on it and putting it together!

All of your suggestions are appreciated. Keep 'em coming!

"Breeds In Need" - We did have a 'Breed Conservancy' list in the first issue, but it was left out of the October issue due to time constraints. It should be back next month. This column lists all the breeds that have less than 100 dogs and 2 or fewer breeders.

Dalkeith > I am in love with Emmett. Thank you for sharing your awesome pictures!
**Thank you to EVERYONE who shared pics!!
We're thinking Halloween/Fall theme for next month. We'll be posting a 'call to action' post by the end of the week. **

Will > You know, I don't think I ever knew that once a dog wins the World Cup he's not eligible for that show any more. If I did, I had forgotten. That does ad a spin to things.

add the #1 all time for the breed in focus - I should have, my only excuse for not thinking of the obvious were the time constraints (doh!)

*** Which does lead me to THIS question ...
For Dalmatians I did a Google Spreadsheet showing all of the SDWC BOB Winners AND all of their National winners -

bit.ly/2d0YpVT

Is this something that people find interesting?
Are you interested in seeing the same info for your breed? (It's a bit of work, but I find it interesting, but maybe that's just me?? )

Considering Glittering's advice - maybe we could put together some sort of table/article for the 'focus' group - showing the number of dogs in the game, # of breeder, maybe a 'breed health report' - entries, color projects, studs ...

and with that I'm back to work.

BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/3/2016 7:36:02 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

I find the breed spread insteresting... It brings back alot of memories in the breed.

Will
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
10/4/2016 12:48:08 PM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

Fantastic! Love it!!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2016 2:47:02 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Holy cow! I've been a bit MIA from forums and the website overall but this is absolutely beautiful!
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2016 9:08:19 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Beach Dunes - THAT is the response I was going for! <g> Thank you happy :)

I'm trying to work really hard this month to get a couple of my dogs on the "top" list so they can be in the zine.

AND I think it is a fun way for us to recognize the Top Dog rankings and keep a record of it. The fact that it's fun to view is a bonus.

Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2016 3:08:30 PM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

I spot my Silas goober butt!! (:
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/6/2016 12:12:21 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Thanks so much, it's awesome!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2016 12:37:32 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I think it turned out great. I know the SD community had been talking about doing it forever and I honestly didnt think we would ever get to it. I'll be honest, it makes me want to show so I could possibly see one of my dogs on those pages! Thanks so much for this!!!
 DemiGod Canine Club
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2016 6:48:21 AM reply with quote send message to DemiGod Canine Club Object to Post

Wow, looks amazing!
Very informative and pleasing to the eye. It showcases the dogs as their best. I even laughed a little, reading the interview with one of the SD make-believe judges. So creative.
Something fun to look forward to each month.

Replies in this thread : 20

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.