Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Looking for a new breed? We'd love to have some new players!
 Valley of Dreams
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/4/2016 7:46:25 PM reply with quote send message to Valley of Dreams Object to Post   

Estrela Mountain Dogs (EMDs) are desperate for some more players to join and help improve this great breed!

We recently lost a main breeder - so now it's just 2-3 current active breeders.

Here's a little bit of info about EMDs:

SOP: 94.00 - 94.70% approximately. (there might be some higher)
Picardy Pics: YES !! happy :)
Litter size: HUGE :P Usually around 10 per litter.
# of colours: 9
# of studs: 26

Showing: There are only 2 kennels showing at the moment (Grasslans and Beros) so the show ring is very quiet.

A while ago I was working on bringing back some of the colours but I had to give that project up and just focus on SOP for a while. As a result we have lost some colours. I don't know exact numbers of how many are left per colour - but having a quick look at our studs page we have males in the following colours:

Brindle: 1
Fawn: 0
Fawn Brindle: 0
Wolfgray: 0
Yellow: 0
Yellow Brindle: 1

Fawn Masked: 5
Wolfgray Masked: 9
Yellow Masked: 10

So as you can see our 'Masked' varieties are doing well but our 'solids' not so much :/

If you're interested in joining to help out with SOP/overall improvement or a colour breeding project we'd be more than happy to get you started!

I have a few litters due in a couple of hours - so will sort through and place some adults and pups up for sale tonight or tomorrow night happy :)
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/4/2016 8:27:04 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I'm interested in giving them a try in my "Renagade" kennel. Could you send a PM there?

Four
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/4/2016 9:26:29 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post

Showing is also rather laid back, most of the time no one uses handlers. We've also made some good improvements in bringing stats closer to a darker blue.

I won't have anything available for a couple of weeks though but I'd be more than willing to help someone out then. (Pro Tip - Don't accidentally FH your in-pup brood bitch and then wonder where she is a day later)
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2016 9:12:02 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post

With 19 dogs listed for sale, this is a great time to get into this breed.
 Port Point Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2016 3:26:13 PM reply with quote send message to Port Point Dogs Object to Post

Saw your post for more players, so decided to do a source color kennel for the breed.

I will be breeding for the Wolfgray color, so anyone wishing to be bold and use my Wolfgray studs, feel free to do so!

It will be a long slow process to have showable dogs here, but I will be here for a while!

Valley of Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/14/2016 8:20:18 PM reply with quote send message to Valley of Dreams Object to Post

Awesome Port Point - thanks for joining our breed! happy :)

I currently have over 25 Estrela pups up for sale if anyone else is interested in joining our breed! happy :)
 Valley of Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2016 3:16:56 AM reply with quote send message to Valley of Dreams Object to Post

I've just added a whole heap of pups and adult Brood girls up for sale for those of you who would like to buy some more EMDs happy :)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.