Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Clothing for Dogs
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/11/2016 5:04:58 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

I have a friend who has a 55lb catahoula who needs new hoodies for the winter. Does anyone have leads on anyone who makes ones that will fit a taller lean built breed?

Will
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2016 1:30:26 AM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

A lot of the Greyhound rescue sites sell clothing as greyhounds don't have any hair or fat happy :)
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2016 9:57:37 AM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

Most greyhound outfits don't cover the belly. This dog is a whimp and needs total coverage lol.

Will
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2016 12:08:48 PM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

I don't know anyone who has hoodies, but I use Weatherbeeta dog blankets for my dogs in the winter. They don't cover the belly, but they do keep them nice and warm. Foggy Mountain also makes awesome dog coats for the winter. I have a couple of those as well.
 Euphorias
Basic User

Basic User
10/15/2016 9:39:54 PM reply with quote send message to Euphorias Object to Post

I have two hairless dogs that wear a ton of clothes since we live in south dakota, I have never looked for larger ones but etsy seems to have some options. I will post a few I have found, I am also waiting back from a friend who has a standard Xolo to see where they get clothes from!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/267969870/large-xxl-candy-skulls-hooded-or?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=jumpsuit%20for%20large%20dog&ref=sr_gallery_3

Expensive but looks super warm:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/160286567/any-breed-waterproof-dog-winter-clothes?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=jumpsuit%20for%20large%20dog&ref=sr_gallery_6

https://www.etsy.com/listing/467824820/yellow-jumpsuit-for-dogs?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=jumpsuit%20for%20large%20dog&ref=sr_gallery_5

Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/15/2016 9:58:00 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

I have one of these for my pointer (he's also deep chested) and I love it!

www.ruffwear.com/Climate-Changer-Fleece-Jacket?sc=2&category=12

BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
10/15/2016 10:54:39 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

Thanks for the feedback! A couple of those leads might work. I will forward the info.

Will
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/16/2016 6:59:29 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Ruffwear might have something suitable for you.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.