Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : qualifying
 dogo k9 kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/11/2016 8:53:25 PM reply with quote send message to dogo k9 kennels Object to Post   

Does a score mean that my dog qualified?
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/12/2016 2:09:02 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I took the liberty of checking your dogs obedience results. Your dog has passed with a very nice score.

As Showdog follows real life, it works out this way. In most classes in Australia (not sure about elsewhere in world), the dog is marked out of 200 points.
The rule in real life, and I presume Showdog is the same is:
170 points and more - is a qualifying score in obedience.
169 points and less - is a failing score in obedience.

So you can get a score under 170 and fail -- I have done this in real life!!!

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 10/12/2016 2:11:25 AM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2016 8:09:05 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

It is my understanding that on SD you will not get a numerical score for a NQ run, it will just show NQ.

A numerical score on SD will always represent a qualifying score. That score should always be 170+.
 barbars kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2016 6:57:03 AM reply with quote send message to barbars kennel Object to Post

My dog continues to NQ despite having almost maxed out obedience skills, health etc are all good. Any idea why she would keep getting NQ and still rated top standard poodle in class?
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2016 7:53:21 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

From the Help section...

"My dog is fully trained why isn't he qualifying?

Dogs require experience in the obedience ring before they are able to perform at their best in obedience events. Often fully trained dogs will not qualify in their first few shows while they gain experience and get used to the format/style of obedience shows."

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 4

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.