Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : How long to keep pups up for sale
 midnitemystique
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/21/2016 6:56:21 AM reply with quote send message to midnitemystique Object to Post   

what's the normal length of time you keep pups in kennel when they are for sale before you FH them?
Have some decent SOP pups up for sale. but its becoming a lot to view in my list with these pups I'm not using.
hate to see them go to waste, but also have better ones I've kept from litters so do not need them.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2016 8:38:30 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I will try to keep the ones that I would have kept if I had the room up for sale for 14 days.

I will also add that I know some players have a lot of luck with posting for sale ads.

I think those ads often pull in buyers that weren't thinking about buying - or aren't even in your breed yet. (I wish I was better at following their example.)

Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/21/2016 8:59:43 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Some breeds are also quite flat about selling at times no matter how good the quality. Mine tend to only get a few days at the most (mostly because they eat too much) unless they are really nice and then they get a bit longer or I forget they are there.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/21/2016 9:21:32 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

As long as I have room I will keep them around as long as seems reasonable depending on the breed and quality.

I try to make sure that there are dogs for sale so that new folks can get started. Often if they do not see anything for sale they will make starters or go on to another breed. If I see new folks entering shows and obviously doing something wrong I will often write and make suggestions for how they might do better - even sometimes if it's not my dog or even my breed.

I do not put sellers on OB! I put them on the same stuff the rest of my dogs are on and if I have sessions to spare and no shortage of funds (current situation all around) I will even session those sellers - again, it gets new folks off on the right foot.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.