.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : WOW Brag
 krisk
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/24/2016 10:06:40 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post   

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

We wrapped our show season this weekend. We took all the dogs for the trip but only showed Seelie, Stamp, Molly, Bella, and Drummer (Bug, Codie and Tony were exhibition only). Seelie was the only class dog entered, but was Winners Dog all weekend (No excuses for lack of merrit-which happens with him being a long coat). Stamp was entered in open, looking for her last 4 pts, she was Winners Bitch/Best of Winners all weekend to finish her Championship!!! Molly was entered as a special and found no love this weekend but her daughter Bella who at 11 months made her debut as a special was Best of Opposite Sex/Best Puppy In Breed on Friday and Select Sat/Sun. This gave her 6 points towards her Grand Champion title (she was wonderfully handled by a young junior handler all weekend). Bella was also 2nd place (out of 10 dogs) in her Sweepstake class. Drummer was Best Baby Puppy In Breed Fri/Sat.

We also decided to take a chance and enter our first Brace (something we have always wanted to do). We had planned on practicing with them before hand, but one of them came into season and spent 3 weeks down with her handler (who has the stud we used) being bred and staying with her until show time. So on Saturday night (Brace class was on Sunday) we put the two together and worked them on brace for half an hour. The result was Bella (11 month old Ch.Chilco's Eclipse of Sunflower) and Stamp (3.5yrs old New Ch.Sunflower's ExpressMail of Chilco, Bella's aunt) were awarded Best Brace in Group.....and BEST BRACE IN SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Stamp (pending approval) NEW CHAMPION Sunflower's ExpressMail Chilco.

Bella (standing) Ch.Chilco's Eclipse of Sunflower and Stamp (sitting) New Ch.Sunflower's ExpressMail Chilco.

Candid photos of our brace in the ring.

And a candid shot of Seelie free stacking in the ring.
More photos to come...

krisk

-----
Last edited by krisk on 10/24/2016 10:11:24 PM
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2016 7:53:52 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Congratulations!!! I love your GSDs...so lovely and beautifully marked.

Alexandria
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2016 6:56:40 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Congratulations!!! LOVE doing brace classes happy :)
 London Calling
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/26/2016 4:02:57 PM reply with quote send message to London Calling Object to Post

Well done!! Congrats on the new Ch.
I'm still hoping to meet your crew in person next time I'm out in your neck of the woods.
 Ancalagon
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/26/2016 9:55:50 PM reply with quote send message to Ancalagon Object to Post

Congrats!!
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2016 9:02:16 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Awesome! Great way to end the season!
 Moon Acres
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2016 9:05:35 AM reply with quote send message to Moon Acres Object to Post

Well done ..some great wins with the kids
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/29/2016 11:29:55 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Congratulations! Braces are awesome.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2016 2:10:34 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

They are all so gorgeous! Congratulations on their accomplishments!

Question: When you said, "They are entered as a Special"...could you explain what that means? Does it mean you are campaigning them? Or does it mean you enter them in a Sweepstakes class (or a certain class in general?) I'm probably the only one on here that doesn't know what that means because I don't show conformation in real life, but I'd love to learn. Thanks!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2016 1:02:04 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

When you start showing a dog it goes into regular classes - Open, Puppy, Bred By, etc. From these classes championship points are gained. These are often referred to as "Class Dogs" in general.

Once the dog has gained its Champion title if you wish to continue showing it you enter it in Specials Only. The dog is only eligible for Best in Breed and Best of Opposite - special awards - and of course it can then go on to group competition and Best in Show.

Class dogs (Open, etc.) are also eligible for the special awards. You will occasionally hear someone say a "class" dog took the breed or that this dog is going to be "Specialled" in the future.

ShowDog, the game follows a similar pattern - once a CH is gained the dog will go into the "Champions" class which is equivalent to "Specials Only".

Campaigning usually means that you are trying for something like top dog at the breed, group, or all breeds level. This generally requires attending many shows in many areas, thus campaign just like an election. At this level, most dogs are Specials Only.

Hope that helps.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/3/2016 1:07:07 PM

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/3/2016 1:14:21 PM
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2016 2:28:27 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Thanks gaylanstudio! That was helpful. So essentially a Special is do with it's Championship already.

Krisk, your shepherds are stunning!
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2016 11:03:50 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

Thank you. And thanks for the explanation. Yes a "special" is a dog that has already finished it's Championship. Just like the game you can continue to show and go for a Grand Championship (or group/show wins). Molly already has her Grand Championship, I was showing her this year (at any shows I was attending) because she loves to show and I plan on spaying her. Then she would only be eligable to show in the altered class until she turns 7 yrs, at which point she can compete as a veteran. Bella was entered as a "special" to finish out her puppy career (she finished her Championship at 8 months and turns a year old near the end of November). I did not expect her to do so well and get her two Grand Champion majors this weekend (over her mother).

krisk

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class