Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : White Boxer?
 XiZang
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/25/2016 11:27:22 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post   

I'm curious. I just got my first Showdog Boxer (though I have had them in RL) and looking at the Boxer Specialty, I see that there is a white Boxer entered. I thought they were inadmissable per AKC standards.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2016 12:12:04 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

On the Showdog game, colors that would be considered a fault in real life AKC shows can be shown.
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/26/2016 11:39:06 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

Gotcha.
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/26/2016 11:40:42 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

So you can show white GSDs?
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2016 12:00:11 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

Any color in any breed that exists in the game can be shown.

I breed Dachshunds and if I wanted, I could show and finish a double dapple dog.

Alexandria
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2016 2:01:35 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

They can't be shown in RL but in the game of SD colours are just for fun and have no impact on showing.
 Khabberet Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2016 4:23:34 PM reply with quote send message to Khabberet Kennels Object to Post

Yes, undesired colors in certain breeds in RL are show able in the game however some breeds when making their color/genetic modules chose to exclude some colors from the game, GSDs for instance, white does not exist, and neither does "panda" and their are no long coats. These are disqualifying faults in RL, where Livers, and Blues are just seen as "serious faults".
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2016 5:23:02 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Yes, this is a decision that was taken at the breed level. In poodles, the color requirements follow AKC breed standards.

K
 TriStar Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2016 3:08:53 PM reply with quote send message to TriStar Kennels Object to Post

I believe some of the colours in certain breeds were omitted because the coding was very difficult. I.e. The white in gsd's and in malamutes we hard trouble coding Pure whites and black and whites, so for the sake of the game and making things easier we opted to leave them out, even though in RL both are absolutely allowable, showable colours.
 kilohana show dogs
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/28/2016 8:37:34 AM reply with quote send message to kilohana show dogs Object to Post

Actually, in GSDs in RL, longcoats are not a DQ, and blues and livers ARE a DQ, because they do not have black noses. Just wanted to clarify that. happy :)
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2016 10:17:59 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

It's true, gsd's with long coats are only a minor fault and can and do finish their championships.

I always thought liver and blues often didn't survive to adult hood because of genrtic conditions associated with those colour genes? I could be wrong but I thought I once read or heard that.
 Marquetry
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 3:09:34 PM reply with quote send message to Marquetry Object to Post

White GSDs are showable in UKC and ARBA, which is a rare breed group, in the U.S., but not in AKC shows. Don't know about UK.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.