Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Showdog breed error
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/26/2016 6:00:04 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So...

So, it's really a mute point to bring up at this point in the game, I am aware. However, it has been seriously bothering me. Lol.

The Beauceron breed is all wrong. Being as they are my breed IRL, I wanted to point out the two main errors.

1) Beaucerons are listed in the working group on showdog. They are a herding breed.

2) There is no such thing as the double Merle Harlequin with tan or rust. There is Harlequin or black and tan, only.

Again, I'm not complaining but it sure does make me giggle. Lol

Four

-----
Last edited by Fourlorn on 10/26/2016 6:00:16 PM
 Northcrest
Basic User

Basic User
10/26/2016 7:26:57 PM reply with quote send message to Northcrest Object to Post

totally agree with you..that has been bothering me also!!!
 Capri Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2016 3:05:13 PM reply with quote send message to Capri Kennels Object to Post

If you bred two Harlequins together though would you not get a double Merle (or harlequin).

I was under the impression that the harlequin gene and the Merle gene were similar in that if you bred two,together you'd end up with the recessive "double" gene.

I know it's not "done" in real life, but no different than collies or Shelties or Aussies or Danes? The gene does exist if the right colour combination is bred.

I could be wrong but this is just what I always thoughtt

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.