.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : SD CHRONICLE - NOVEMBER 2016 Issue
 rhondacline
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/1/2016 1:42:00 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well, I discovered this morning that - 1) I have major time management issues and 2) I am going to have to limit the number of pages in the e-zine in order to stay under the file size limit. (I am more unhappy with the latter than the former. It cost me $15 and I had to cut 4 pages in order to be able to publish. Boo!) But, enough about that and on to the fun stuff.

Here's the link to the NOVEMBER 2016 issue!
anyflip.com/kpbt/bhyz/

Here are the links to the spreadsheets referenced in the issue...

American Cocker Spaniel History
bit.ly/2eNd4oX

October Dailies
bit.ly/2f6YxHZ

Quarterly Breed Health Report
bit.ly/2f6SbrL

Award of Merit Hall of Fame
bit.ly/2favQrw

** I am also going to start a post that contains all of the links from every issue.

Let me know what you think!
A HUGE thank you to Alexandria and Kristy! They do an awesome job!!

Edited to update link to the issue with ALL pages - I received a note from the host this morning with how to upload the larger files.

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 11/2/2016 10:38:38 AM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 2:52:53 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Apologies to

PLATINUM GCH BLUSH REDDY TO WRECK N ROLL
(Your page must have been showing Silver when I pulled the info, but obviously he was GOLD as he has now earned his PLATINUM GCH.)

Which reminds me > We are doing Full Page ads for all dogs who achieve their Platinum GCH each month.

ALSO, one of the pages I had to delete for file size constraints had 1 BIS Club dog on it - GCH Kalyndas Speeding Ticket. So, he should be included with the other dogs who won BIS 2 or more times this month.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 3:16:21 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

It looks so lovely. I've been stalking the forums waiting for it to appear.

Alexandria
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 3:45:24 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

It looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Will
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 3:50:54 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Looks amazing! Love what you've done. The meet the judges is my favourite, it's just funny and witty and kind of spot on with what I imagine them to be like.
 Kiss Of Summer
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 4:22:42 PM reply with quote send message to Kiss Of Summer Object to Post

posted by Alibi
Looks amazing! Love what you've done. The meet the judges is my favourite, it's just funny and witty and kind of spot on with what I imagine them to be like.
Awww, that's so neat to hear! It's my favorite column to write.

Alexandria
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 5:44:28 PM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

Looks amazing again! I love your work, keep it up laugh :D

Lindsey
 Aldeberan
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2016 6:37:54 PM reply with quote send message to Aldeberan Object to Post

I am blown away by how incredible this is.
 jaime1985
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 7:12:24 PM reply with quote send message to jaime1985 Object to Post

Oooh one of my toy poodles on another account made the top list for toy dogs, that was nice to find out happy :)

Thank you for making the magazine laugh :D
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 8:21:58 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

OMG! It's BRILLIANT!!! happy :) happy :) happy :)

As I don't show on this game anymore due to time constraints - I actually found all the other stuff really interesting!

I especially LOVED the interview with the Judge - I still think this is the coolest section! Although one funny point - and this is probably just cause 'Maret' is a name that's never used in my country - but I always imagined in my mind that Maret Gentile was a guy! LOL So I found it hilarious trying to imagine him as a chick! :P

I laughed out loud when I saw the 'Pet House' dog food ad - I thought that was BRILLIANT! It honestly looked like a real dog food ad!

The Nose Competition looks awesome - I'll definitely check it out later today!

And the interview with the Players (Goldriver) was fantastic! I thought it was amazing!

Each issue just keeps on getting better and better - you should be VERY proud of yourselves for creating it! happy :) happy :)
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 9:10:12 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

WOW!!! Another great issue of the magazine! I love all of my ads, especially for my Toller, Rebel, GCHP Artistri Bad to the Bone!

Are you paying for each magazine you create? If you are you may want to contact Jeff about arranging a discount on your subscription to make up for that.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 9:14:55 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Oh I am so glad you liked his ad!
I was really pleased with how it turned out.

No, in general I'm not paying to create the ezine. My little $15 fiasco today was due to my impatience and lack of sleep.

Everyone's kind comments and praise are VERY much appreciated. It's a lot of fun, but also a lot of work to put together.
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/1/2016 9:39:01 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post

This looks really good. Love seeing some of my showdogs and the 'Kohl' prefix listed in it too happy :)

Kalyndas Speeding Ticket is getting ready to make his appearance in the next magazine (or so we hope...) You need one more BIS win this month, Ticket, 29 more days to go wink ;)

What is next month's group focus? I might have missed it.

AMAZING job that you and the team are doing.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 9:55:57 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

The next two months will be 'smaller' issues -
My real life job often requires me to work from 8am-10pm Mon-Sun during the months of Nov and Dec.

So, there's no group focus for the next two issues.
Here is the schedule with 'focus' as it's currently laid out.

Dec - Christmas
Jan - Year In Review
Feb - Toys/Valentines
Mar - Westminster
Apr - Crufts
May - Terrier
Jun - Herding
Jul - Summertime
aug - Working
Sep - Hound
Oct - Non-Sporting
Nov - Sporting

Edited to update - January is 'Year IN Review" not Year End.

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 11/2/2016 8:28:30 AM
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2016 10:35:24 PM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

Just finished reading the magazine, it's so great! And thank you guys for the ad on Moon, it turned out wonderful!

-----
Last edited by Shadowstorm Kennels on 11/1/2016 10:35:45 PM
 Saffyre
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2016 8:09:22 AM reply with quote send message to Saffyre Object to Post

Bravo!!! What stunning work. I look forward to this every month happy :)
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/2/2016 9:04:03 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

posted by Shadowstorm Kennels
Just finished reading the magazine, it's so great! And thank you guys for the ad on Moon, it turned out wonderful!

So glad you liked it! happy :)

Alexandria
 Temora
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2016 1:27:49 AM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post

wonderful!
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2016 3:26:27 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Excellent!
 EmRose Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2016 7:20:20 PM reply with quote send message to EmRose Kennel Object to Post

Amazing work!!! Absolutely loved it!!!
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2016 8:47:44 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

posted by Dalkeith
I especially LOVED the interview with the Judge - I still think this is the coolest section! Although one funny point - and this is probably just cause 'Maret' is a name that's never used in my country - but I always imagined in my mind that Maret Gentile was a guy! LOL So I found it hilarious trying to imagine him as a chick! :P

Haha, Dalkeith! To be honest, I thought Maret Gentile was a guy for years until we were talking about the article and Rhonda used "she" and I had to go look it up and sure enough! It's the French form of the feminine name Margaret. Now I think of Maret way differently but it was really strange.

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.