Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Soooo
 Gallant
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/16/2016 11:39:15 AM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post   

Any update on fixing the judges? Seems like the whole topic has gone dead and no changes.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2016 4:02:15 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I would personally love to see this fixed - so that it runs the way it always has. (Two judges retire each month, Two new judges each month).

I'd also like to see more Owner Handler judges.

Jeff - can we please have this fixed? happy :)
 Old County
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/16/2016 6:21:37 PM reply with quote send message to Old County Object to Post

I'm missing owner handles shows too. E.g. in breeds like Kerry Blue own handles shows are urgently neccessary - because of a breeder with several kennels and about 40 dogs entering into a show.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/16/2016 11:06:04 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Holy cow! I can't believe they have an entire Family Account full of Kerry Blues!?!

It's no wonder it's a struggle to show that breed! :O

I had a quick squiz and was shocked! Across the 5 kennels (Whatthe, Radiant, Sansouci, Matts, Sarah*s) they are currently sessioning or showing a total of 124 Kerry Blues.

I've never heard of such tactics before ...
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2016 6:40:14 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

posted by Old County
I'm missing owner handles shows too. E.g. in breeds like Kerry Blue own handles shows are urgently neccessary - because of a breeder with several kennels and about 40 dogs entering into a show.
Wow - sounds like a super kennel to me.

I've added a handler free specialty for Kerrys.
K
 Liason
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2016 7:10:16 AM reply with quote send message to Liason Object to Post

I have similar situations in some of my other breeds, definitely not to this degree though.

I added a few Kerry Blue Specialties as well.
Hopefully you can pick up some points. But I would be SO angry about the Point Schedule.

Regarding the judge issue - I think that all of us would like to see

> the judge issue fixed
> the BOS point issue fixed
> the Select Dog/Bitch update implemented

Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2016 10:30:37 AM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

I hate how silent this issue has been these last few weeks, I was so hopeful that it would be fixed and everyone just went quiet.
 Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2016 10:30:50 AM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

I hate how silent this issue has been these last few weeks, I was so hopeful that it would be fixed and everyone just went quiet.
 Agile Sportsdogs
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2016 10:49:05 AM reply with quote send message to Agile Sportsdogs Object to Post

Actually, doing show entries and sponsoring a few specialties lately. I've noticed new judges added to the list and at least one more owner handled judge. Just hasn't been a big announcement about it.
 Liason
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2016 11:06:21 AM reply with quote send message to Liason Object to Post

I believe those are retired judges that you're seeing. They have been popping up here and there since the judge issue started.

Regarding the silence - I don't think it's indicative that folks don't want the problem resolved. I think it's just a matter that Jeff has already stated that he will fix it; he just didn't say when.

Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2016 4:13:16 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Yes all the 'new' judges that are appearing are not new at all - they are just resurrected retired judges.

We haven't received a single NEW judge since the original issue started in May 2016.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/17/2016 4:14:45 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

This was the last post where we had any response:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=603320

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.