Search

.com Forum · Estrela Mountain Dog

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2016 5:35:53 PM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

Wow!! I stand corrected happy :)

Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2016 11:13:23 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I'm trying hard not to use handlers, but it's becoming increasingly difficult with the girls. Seems I'm damned if I do put a handler on.....mostly no-one enters against me and if I want point, I have to stack and have no competition from other kennels. And damned if I don't put a handler on, in the hope of inviting handlerless competition, I get topped with a handled dog.
No sour grapes here, and I appreciate that we can each play the game as we choose. But I just think it's a shame and I hope we don't lose anyone.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2016 11:14:46 PM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

That was my post above, timed out
 Valley of Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
12/11/2016 4:28:25 AM reply with quote send message to Valley of Dreams Object to Post

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your girls :/

It might be easier to just use handlers with the judges that require handlers - that's what I do happy :)

I'll have 3 more girls ready to be shown full-time (just waiting for their Show Obedience to have a few more sessions) so that will help out with numbers in the classes etc so we won't have to stack as often happy :)

I've also got 7 more female pups (ranging from 2-8 days old) being sessioned as well happy :) So once they're old enough they'll be able to enter the ring too.

I've hosted a heap more Handler-Free specialties (at $510 a pop) so there is still a tonne of chances to show dogs without handlers - to keep everyone happy happy :) As I've said before, I'm more than happy to host as many specialties per month as necessary happy :) happy :) I think they're a lot of fun to see how our dogs compete against eachother at face value.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
12/11/2016 5:01:01 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

I think it's just great that we are discussing this. Not having trouble with the girls, lol, just trying to decide how to play.
I want to stay with the breed and be competitive, so I guess I'll have to go with the flow. It was just so nice to just enter shows each day and not have to scramble for handlers.
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
12/11/2016 5:03:19 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

If admin would actually give us the percentage of non handler judges that we are supposed to have, (is it 30%?) this wouldn't be such an issue.
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/11/2016 5:43:51 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The EMDs seem to just be having a bit of a down time with showing right now, it tends to happen at times due to whatever reason, so don't take it as a personal 'I don't want to show against that person' thing happy :)

I only enter shows on my own because of the lazy value, means all I have to do is look up the two best handlers, put them on my dogs and close out of that page (seeing as I only have two boys and two girls to show now days)

Also, thank you Valley for the specialties happy :)

-----
Last edited by Grasslans** on 12/11/2016 5:56:35 AM
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2016 3:05:35 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

What I like about no handlers is that it's easier to see what my young dogs traits really are but now we have all the Specialities...Thank you Valleys, that's sorted! Exciting times ahead with more kennels and great dogs coming to the ring. I don't think I'll be No 1 for long! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 28
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.