Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : I wish we had ...
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/27/2016 7:30:49 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post   

... a way to put a 'lock' on a specific dog so that we couldn't accidentally FH them in a moment of fail LOL

I just had a dog born that will be crucial to a colour breeding project and I feel like I need to wrap him in bubble-wrap to avoid accidentally getting rid of him because of his SOP Hahaa ...

It could be something like:

"This dog has been password protected to prevent accidental FH-ing. Please enter the 4 digit password if you wish to proceed" ... That would make me stop and think! :P
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/27/2016 8:21:17 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Can't you reclaim him within 24 hours? That happened to me the other day. Fortunately, I realized it quickly. It's a pain to find him, you have to go to his mother's offspring, but you can do it. Not sure what the time frame is though.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2016 8:39:22 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Yeah I know you can automatically re-claim within the 24 hour period etc - but for me - I often don't realise I've FH'd them til way after that hahaa. It's more because at the moment due to health issues (surgery) I haven't been able to play SD as much as what I'd like - so when I do play it's very sporadic and therefore I often forget why I kept a certain dog for breeding etc. And then I find myself in the same pickle on a regular occurrence :P
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/27/2016 8:41:29 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I believe it's two or three hours.

Often times I think you don't notice until the next day or whenever you go looking for it.

I'd make a "Keep" run and put it in there. Make a notation in the call name and/or the Notes section too.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/27/2016 8:43:54 PM
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2016 1:01:20 AM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

I have dogs I name special, obvious things to make sure I keep them. One was a low SOP but she had something that I liked (can't remember what, now!) Her name? Keep Me! laugh :D

And yes, it's only 2 hours to reclaim. wink ;)
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2016 2:38:43 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

There is a notes section on every dogs page, there is also the call name area.
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2016 7:04:30 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

:P Thanks for all the responses guys :P

Yes I know about the call names and the 'notes' sections - this post was more just a funny comment about my lack of time management skills :P

I run 15 kennels - but due to a serious health scare which has resulted in me having to have surgery 7 days ago I haven't had much time for SD and find myself logging in and 'rushing' too much. Especially when it comes to FH'ing excess dogs in order to breed the next generation. I kept finding myself almost/accidentally FHing dogs that I REALLY didn't want to LOL - simply because I time-constrained.

It was more of a funny comment that perhaps I should have some form of 'prevention' system in place so my silly mind wouldn't accidentally FH yet another dog :P
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/28/2016 7:08:37 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

I once forever homed a rather nice dog, only remembered her because I was waiting for her to have her litter. Only to find that I had forever homed her a few days ago before she was ready to have pups

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.