Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Breed Help!
 Charmant
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/2/2016 5:11:25 PM reply with quote send message to Charmant Object to Post   

Hello All!!

i had finally decided on breeding Neos in my kennel, however, when looking over show results, there was not a strong presence in Neos in the ring.

Im looking for a breed that is
1. Fun
2. Showable
3. Dogs to compete against
4. Room for breed improvement

I am open to suggestions! please let me know what breed you think fits these qualities and why!!!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/5/2016 7:30:40 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Odd that no one has responded. These requests usually result in a pile suggestions.

Anyway, for what it's worth I've been with American and English Cockers for years. Both beeds are generally friendly and have enough folks to keep entries reasonable.

Recently I've added Greyhounds (all high SOP are white), Basenjis, Pharoah Hounds, and Saluki. All have one or more other players and I had few problems getting starter animals.

I'm also doing pretty well with Airedales. They are hitting 97's now and were getting group placement. I even got a single 4th in show a few weeks ago.

Wire Fox are also strugling with low numbers of breeders while getting group wins.
 Charmant
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2016 1:41:34 PM reply with quote send message to Charmant Object to Post

thanks for the response! i will take a look at a few of those breeds and see if im interested!!!
 Chenoa Valley
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2016 1:57:03 PM reply with quote send message to Chenoa Valley Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm not sure whether you are looking for a highly competitive breed or a not so popular breed. I'm in the following:

English Cocker Spaniels: SOP is about 94.85 to show. We don't really have any colors that aren't show quality, but Liver and Lemon colors seem to be less commonly seen.

Samoyeds: SOP is about 96.80 on average. We don't put handlers on our dogs. White and Cream are the color projects being worked on at the moment since the Biscuit color recently was bred up to show quality.

Golden Retrievers: SOP is somewhere around 99.20 - 99.30. There are no color projects available as all colors are represented pretty equally. The challenge here is to raise the head trait because that is stuck at 9.8.

Alaskan Malamutes: The SOP here is around 97.50 to finish. Many are working with the dark colors (dark red, dark blue and seal) to help bring those up to show quality.

I just started working on source breeding Chow Chows and color breeding GSDs. I don't show these breeds so I'm not real sure on the showing details for either.

*edited because apparently I don't know how to spell

-----
Last edited by Chenoa Valley on 12/9/2016 1:57:44 PM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.