Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Anyone like to see Paris????
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/6/2016 9:49:15 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post   

Well, I would love to show you all Paris, unfortunately my internet provider, in all their wisdom cancelled the free web space I was using because - not enough people were using it!!! (They didn't drop the rates though.) This is also why all my pictures have disappeared.

Anyway, back to Paris. Paris is 6 year old black and tan cocker who has just joined our little family. I first met Paris almost two years ago when I went to Edmonton to meet Baxter after losing my dear friend Tyler. This past summer we went back for a visit and spent a bit more time with Paris, who at the time was very pregnant with her second and last litter. I had to smile at her trying to waddle-gallop around the kitchen with Baxter and the other canine residents.

Anyway, as our visit neared its end I said that if they were ever looking at placing Paris in a pet home that I would take her. She flew in last weekend and has made herself quite at home. (She actually arrived on the same day that Tyler died two years ago.) In fact I was really surprised by how quickly she seemed to have settled in. Perhaps because she had met me and Baxter previously.

Wish I could post pictures. I'll have to look into getting some new space but I've got some real life issues right now that take priority over stuff like that. (It's interfering with my ShowDog/Horse time too!)
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2016 11:09:20 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

Congratulations on your new addition! She sounds like a doll. I had no idea your dogs came from Edmonton, I live south of there.

Can't wait to see pictures of her. And I hope your RL issues aren't too serious. SD wouldn't be the same without you happy :)
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2016 11:30:43 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

I love the retired girls ... they really seem to appreciate how much they are loved by even more family!
 Shadowstorm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/12/2016 2:09:55 AM reply with quote send message to Shadowstorm Kennels Object to Post

Oh, I love black and tans, our first cocker spaniel (English) was a Black and Tan too, a boy, but nonetheless just as wonderful. Paris seems like such a lady and it's great to here how much she's has settled in! Like she owns the house! lol I hope you can show picture soon. happy :) xoxo

Natalie
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/12/2016 5:19:39 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Thanks everyone. Over the years starting in 1973 I have had one golden, the first of the series, Joey. My brother named him - Joe Cocker. Next came Radar a black and tan. My brother named him too - Radar from MASH. I showed both both boys to their Canadian Championships.

A few years later after we had lost Joey, we got Lisa, a black. My dad sort of named her - for whatever reason he was thinking of Elsa the Born Free lion. I guess he had just watched the movie.

Next came Mandy a little B&T foundling and Tyler whom I've written about before was another B&T. Then came Baxter, and now Paris. Forty-three plus years of cockers.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.