Search

.com Forum · Cane Corso

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Agreed No Handler Showing
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/19/2016 1:47:00 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post   

Hi everyone. Thanks for joining the breed. It was really struggling before a few of you joined!

I was wondering if we could get a consensus on an idea I have had for a little while.

Would you (as in you other CC breeders) be interested in trying out handler-free showing? If someone, anyone started it off daily by entering in one or some of his/her dogs without handlers, that would indicate to the rest of us that that show is handler free for the Corsos in that show.

If no one used handlers, even if the judge preferred handlers, it would be fair and the dogs would win according to how the judge saw them individually and not because of the handler.

If we kept it to one to two shows per day of handler free, there'd still be other shows for people who choose to use handlers.

Pros
- You don't have to do this every time you show. You can enter in a handler show with other handler entrants or in the agreed no-handler show for that day.

- It equalizes the chance of winning based on the quality/training, grooming of the actual dog, rather than a judge prioritizing a dog because of its handler.

- It's easier and less work than to choose a handler.

- If you have a dog with nice traits that handler likes, you could win over a higher sop easy.

Cons
- We who choose the no-handler show would basically be trusting that whoever decided not to take part in this would not enter our show with a handler.

- It might bring up the schedule of points if we just dump all our dogs into one show. We "may" need to temper the amount of dogs being entered, and not stack lowly-trained dogs for majors.

- We probably can't do this unless all the breeders acknowledge it even if they don't want to participate.

Please vote and comment if you wish!

Would you be interested in participating in agreed no-handler showing, at least sometimes?

Agreed No Handler Showing
Neutral 40.00%
No, because... 25.00%
Yes 35.00%
19 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/20/2016 7:22:30 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Lmao! Doesn't it say what the votes are?
 Saffyre
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2016 10:00:48 AM reply with quote send message to Saffyre Object to Post

I am going to plan on doing a mixture. I usually only campaign 1 or 2 dogs at a time. These dogs will have handlers because I need them for group and BIS rankings. That being said, I will always try to enter my non-specialty dogs in a different show and I will NOT put them on handlers.

Its up to the other breeders to decide if they also want no handlers, but I will at least offer to do this on my end happy :)
 Hauteur Hounds
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2016 3:52:41 PM reply with quote send message to Hauteur Hounds Object to Post

No problem on my end, think this would be a fine idea.
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/21/2016 9:15:10 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Thanks for commenting and letting me know!!
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2019 7:49:33 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

Is This still something people want to do? I was just scrolling through old topics and seen this. I've been using handlers just because whatever, but am totally fine with no handlers.
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2019 8:22:07 AM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Just because of that I want to join the breed. Figuring out the true non-handler judges and trying to add all the dogs to those takes forever in all the breeds I am in.

-----
Last edited by Diasonia on 3/4/2019 8:33:28 AM
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2019 3:05:08 PM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

I'm for it. I forget which dogs I have handlers on, but I will not be adding any more if you say so. I'm all for that. Makes sense in the long run as well that only the best dog should win, after all.
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/4/2019 10:29:48 PM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

Interesting that this was brought up again.

It was successful for a while but I did have to message a few people who were new to the breed and didn't know, and a couple didn't seem very happy and continued to enter with handlers, messing up the whole thing.

If someone else wants to message the other users and ask maybe but this sort of fizzled away with time and now it's just like all the other breeds, where some people do and some people don't choose handlers, and those who don't sometimes do and those who do sometimes don't.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.