Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Obedience Question
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/19/2016 11:55:00 AM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post   

Are there rankings for obedience, or any inventive to keep participating in obedience beyond the title?

Also, is there a rank that says the dog is the best in the trial?

Sorry if these are obvious questions ... I'm clueless in obedience trials. laugh :D
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2016 1:36:12 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

posted by SmokeJumper Kennel
Are there rankings for obedience, or any inventive to keep participating in obedience beyond the title?

Also, is there a rank that says the dog is the best in the trial?

Sorry if these are obvious questions ... I'm clueless in obedience trials. laugh :D

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any plans at this time to encourage participation beyond the UD title (i.e. OTCH). I wish there was though...it would also be one way to attract non-subscription players, as the OTCH title would wouldn't be based on the dog's conformation (and therefore does not require the ability to breed multiple litters, etc.) When you look at your dog's Obedience results, there are points awarded, but I don't know what those points are for (if anything). My personal theory is that maybe at one point, those points could be used towards earning the OTCH in the Showdog game.

I believe that when you look at your dog's obedience results, it will indicate that he was high in trial, but this distinction is not a title that gets added to his name.

If you click on the Obedience tab under the shows section, you can view Kennel Rankings in the various Obedience classes (i.e. Utility, Open, Novice)

Hope that helps
 Blitz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2016 11:44:56 AM reply with quote send message to Blitz Kennel Object to Post

Thank you! He got his UD last night, so I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to keep him competing or throw him on a stud couch. happy :)
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2016 12:11:19 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I don't believe that the system designates "High in Trial" - I have seen Top "insert breed here" in trial, but I don't recall seeing anyone listed as High In Trial.

I did try to track Obedience for almost a month for SD Chronicle, but it was just too much for me to try and keep track. One of the things I tracked each day was High In Trial.

The points that are given are based on the number of dogs entered in your class.
Basically 20 entries, you get 19 points
(This is WAY off compared to the OTCh points)

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler