Search

.com Forum · Otterhound

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Bringing the Breed back
 Front Street Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/15/2017 11:26:52 PM reply with quote send message to Front Street Kennels Object to Post   

Hello! I have noticed there are a few other kennels out there trying to bring back this great breed!

I am hoping that we can all work together to get some of our dogs finished and improve genetics.

I am always available to help and I look forward to talking with you all!

-FSK
 TCrown
Basic User

Basic User
1/16/2017 2:58:43 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post

Hi, used to be in Mals before I took a couple years break from ShowDog. Looking to help a struggling breed and was kind of sad to see Otterhounds seem to only have a couple active kennels? How are you all doing? Its been a few years since I played and I'm a basic account now but if help is needed at all I'd happily session/show some semi-decent dogs. Not expecting the best or anything, just not too interested in poor qualities only being kept around to get more dogs in the ring either (not sure if that's going on in Otterhounds at the moment, just know it was a thing in some breeds before I took a break back when).

Let me know and I'd be happy to jump in happy :)
 Front Street Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/17/2017 1:22:23 AM reply with quote send message to Front Street Kennels Object to Post

Thank you! That is very nice of you.

There is a very small amount of the not so decent dogs going on, but mostly it is to get some new genetics in the mix, we have a pretty small pool right now.

I have 2 puppies I kept from my last litter, and I am looking to breed one of my bitches in the next week or so. I am defiantly running out of sessions to be able to get these guys up and showing. Happy to take any help you are willing to give. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.