Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : SDWC judge changing?
 Crosscroft
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/29/2017 1:20:31 PM reply with quote send message to Crosscroft Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Has the SDWC judge always changed? A few days ago it was Patricia Stevens and now is Randal Harris... I have a bitch I was keeping off from breeding because she had a shot under Pat Stevens but obviously will not win the breed under Randal Harris, so now I wish I would have bred her sooner! Is this a new problem, or has this always happened?

-----
Last edited by Crosscroft on 1/29/2017 1:21:01 PM
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2017 4:14:15 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I can't seem to find any reference to it on the Help Center - but I do remember people discussing it in the past. I'm fairly sure there's a certain reason why it changes ... but I don't know what the reason is.

I tried to find mention of it in the forums but came up blank.

-----
Last edited by Dalkeith on 1/29/2017 4:18:48 PM
 Morpurgo3
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2017 5:25:07 PM reply with quote send message to Morpurgo3 Object to Post

I thought it went to the judge with most entries through the month, it must be accumulative so every so often it changes. So, it can change at the last minute.
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2017 6:07:18 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

The judge with the most entries for the month gets to judge the SDWC.

After shows run tonight, the judge will be set for SDWC.

Will
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2017 12:59:00 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

The above is what I've heard as well,also that the most used judges retire first.
 GraveDigger Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2017 8:49:37 AM reply with quote send message to GraveDigger Kennel Object to Post

Pregnant bitches also show well 2 days into their pregnancy. So if you breed her now she will do just fine. happy :)
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2017 9:43:04 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

posted by Studio Dogs
The above is what I've heard as well,also that the most used judges retire first.
I wish the most used judges would retire first. haha. Sadly thats not the case. Randall has judged the SDWC within the last year and didn't get retired.

Will
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2017 10:01:18 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

I was referring to a dream I once had of a working judging system... lol :-/
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/30/2017 12:59:21 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I've always kind of wished that the normally owner-judges did not do the WC or handler free specialties.

The theory is that it would let us see how our dogs would do under normally handler-judges without the influence of handlers and the who-gets-there-first issue.
 Z3
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2017 4:39:35 PM reply with quote send message to Z3 Object to Post

That's it. That one got most entrees will be the judge. It means for us: Not any chance for my family kennels and breeds I have choosen wink ;) - but it's o.k. - better being happy with breeds I like an enjoy instead of winning with breeds I not really like. It's good that there are so many breeds in the game - so everybody can find it's favorites <3

happy :) Iris

-----
Last edited by Z3 on 1/30/2017 4:48:01 PM
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
1/30/2017 11:21:42 PM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

Yes Crosscroft, I am disappointed in the judge change too. I have campaigned dogs this month that do well under P. stevens as I didn't know that the judge could change either.

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.