Search

.com Forum · Terrier Breeds

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Westies not placing?
 Eris_Discord
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/2/2017 11:02:02 AM reply with quote send message to Eris_Discord Object to Post   

I've got a few westies now that used to do fantastic in shows and now suddenly aren't placing anymore. Does age have anything to do worn showing ability or breeding? I know bitches don't place five days after whelping, but I wasn't sure if it changes anything after.
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2017 3:55:04 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

Are you talking about a particular dog not doing well anymore or the breed doing well at the all breed level?

The SOP level for Westies right now is not good enough for them to do well at the BIS level. You might be able to pick up some lower group placements but that's all I would expect at the moment.

Will
 terryterrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/17/2018 3:41:26 PM reply with quote send message to terryterrier Object to Post

Westie SOP has always been low. In RL they are my breed but the SOP has never progressed as quickly as my SD main breed, the Sealyham. There was a time in WHWT when every puppy would sell. They don't seem to do that now. The few dogs I have, have gone backwards in SOP only now breaking back to SOPs 9 months ago.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.