Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : What is "Select Dog/Bitch"?
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/14/2017 11:46:51 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post   

In real shows, what exactly is "Select Dog" or "Select Bitch". Are there any sort of points the dog can earn or is it more of a prestige thing? Or is it a class for dogs that have already earned their CH?
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
2/14/2017 4:18:48 PM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

"Select" is a placement awarded to dogs who are already finished in order to gain grand champion points. It's another way to get points instead of just taking best of breed. There may be more to it, but I'm not entirely certain. I haven't had a champion showing in a long time.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/15/2017 1:34:39 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Okay, that makes sense. Just looking at the Westminster dogs and seeing a few Grand Champion Platinum dogs (I'm assuming that's what GCHP stands for?)...I can help but wonder how many shows they must go to. Wow! That's a lot of work!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.