Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : advice needed
 SilknT
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/17/2017 1:56:10 AM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post   

Hi people

In 2 breeds that I'm in (not from this kennel) another player is putting up to 20 dogs in per show, in 2 or even 3 of the 5 shows. All the best judges and top handlers are taken by this player who has some good dogs, but is increasing the number of dogs required to get a major and frustrating the hell out of me.

I can see solutions -
1. Enter earlier (yes I tend to do my entries late)
2. Stop showing but remain in the breed
3. Walk away from the breed

I know that we can all play the game in the way we like ... I guess I don't like swamping the opposition.

Suggestions?
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 7:46:59 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I have this issue in another breed and I definitely share your frustration.

In my case I try to enter one of the remaining shows. I have also learned that I must enter enough dogs and use up the top handlers - or the other kennel will enter dogs into this show also.
(in my case their dogs are a bit higher SOP and not surprisingly they don't share studs)

For this breed I show just enough to finish dogs. We have had other players come and go in the breed and I'm sure this is part of the reason no one sticks around.

The same player was involved in another breed that I tried and basically did the same thing there. I left that breed.

As for over stacking, I see absolutely no point - it hurts them as much as it hurts everyone else. In this case it's worse as now it's harder to finish a dog in a breed that was a challenge to start with for other reasons.
 SilknT
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 9:15:53 AM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post

Well, at least these players put up studs. And buy my puppies. And use my studs.

I'm really attached to my breeds and don't want to give them up - I feel I've achieved a lot. I've been in both of them longer than the other players. I guess I just need to enter earlier.

Grumph

SilknT
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 9:22:31 AM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

And I see these players in the 'Is your kennel broke' threads, posting dogs and asking for large purchase prices.

I guess if you're entering 60 dogs a night you might need a helping hand with your finances.

Sorry - typos caused me to edit

-----
Last edited by SilknT on 3/17/2017 9:25:34 AM

-----
Last edited by SilknT on 3/17/2017 9:26:34 AM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 11:58:42 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

posted by SilknT
And I see these players in the 'Is your kennel broke' threads, posting dogs and asking for large purchase prices.

I guess if you're entering 60 dogs a night you might need a helping hand with your finances.

-----

-----

that is truly unfortunate... I have noticed the same kennels taking advantage of the requests for money and I would be disappointed if the multiple requests are because they are stacking shows when they can't afford it! I guess it's up to each kennel who they support.

Hang in there.

K
 Crystal Lions
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 1:19:39 PM reply with quote send message to Crystal Lions Object to Post

posted by SilknT

-----

-----

It is probably the same person using multiple Standard Kennel accts.
Abusing that offer will make it harder for those who truly do need the extra money. Sad.....
 Zollhaus
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 7:02:39 PM reply with quote send message to Zollhaus Object to Post

Just checked the "Is your kennel broke" thread and one of the regular posters is indeed someone who is stacking multiple shows in one of my other kennels breeds. Very wrong.
 SilknT
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 7:14:02 PM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post

How many breeds is this happening in?

I have 2.

rhondacline has 1

zolhaus has 1

I hope that we might all be thinking of the same 2 breeds (2 is 2 times too many)

if you pm me I'll tell you my stacked breed frustrations

Bitte
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 7:31:19 PM reply with quote send message to Bitte Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Also you need a lot of money to pay the fines for excess use of handlers, so that 'Is your Kennel Broke' thread certainly comes in handy.

I've just counted 14 dogs in 1 show from one of these people, with about 8 handlers.

Added to say that this is ruining the fun in my game.

-----
Last edited by Bitte on 3/17/2017 7:32:37 PM
 Zinga
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 8:18:33 PM reply with quote send message to Zinga Object to Post

add handler-free specialties
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 9:08:55 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

I think one of these breeders has taken up in one of my breeds.

I just breed better dogs and beat them.

With the current judging system, It's possible to beat dogs that have handlers as an owner handler.

To fill the Golden specialty calendar, I sponsored a handler specialty show since the no handlers was kinda pricey at the time. One of my fellow exhibitors entered with no handlers and took BISS and WB.

So it is possible.

We are very lucky today. Just think 5+ years ago... you could enter starters to take up handlers and there were no fees for using extra handlers. So yeah, the current entry issues ain't nothing. :P

Will
 speedy2
Basic User

Basic User
3/17/2017 10:13:40 PM reply with quote send message to speedy2 Object to Post

With all respects BarStar, you breed brilliant dogs.

I'm trying very hard and am not in your league (although in a different breed).

This would be a significant challenge in my breed.
 Zollhaus
Basic User

Basic User
3/18/2017 5:52:53 PM reply with quote send message to Zollhaus Object to Post

My problem with the situation is not so much that my dogs can't beat theirs as they often do but that they make the numbers needed for majors sky rocket. I remember this situation many years ago in Newfoundlands where we ended up needing about 30 dogs for a 5 point major!!
 BeEnchanted
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2017 3:19:34 AM reply with quote send message to BeEnchanted Object to Post

Is it possible to talk to people that run the help with money threads and maybe explain to them what is happening so they don't fund these kennels?

Like private message each one etc
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2017 7:55:48 AM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

hard to tell who's making the payments

I know I have been sucked into funding one of these kennels.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2017 10:01:51 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Yeah, I have too... I guess I'll just let my basic accumulate funds rather than feeding those who are stacking.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/19/2017 2:59:09 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Well due to other issues in life I have ten near dormant kennels. I do log in and session pretty much everyone but I accumulate funds in most/all of these anyway.

I was giving to the professed needy but I don't really have the time to check on the activities of these kennels so I have redirected much of my giving to Show and Group winners. I've wondered about the repeat visitors to the trough (lol).

I'd be happy to support at breed level if folks will ask so I know that there are entries - don't really care if its only one dog just that someone gets it because I don't think I get it back if there is no winner. I can give to breed WD and WB. I prefer giving smaller amounts to many people - grass-roots support.
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2017 3:31:33 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

I wish I could do something helpful with my Basic account funds... but can't add payouts from a basic.
 Temora
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2017 7:06:52 AM reply with quote send message to Temora Object to Post

Gaylans - love your grass-roots support!
 ShineBright
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2017 9:04:57 AM reply with quote send message to ShineBright Object to Post

Kalynda -

That was the point of my thread, to make it so that the long time players who have gone basic could participate in their desire to be philanthropic. The thread was going well in the beginning and it saddens me that it has been abused like this. Yes, I did say they could post more than one dog, and come back at a later date, but I was more intending posting a few dogs for a quick save and perhaps in a few months asking again if they might have had an "oops" moment. I WAS NOT intending for any of us to become someone's "sugar daddy" or to fund unethical show practices.
 JF K
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2017 10:04:57 AM reply with quote send message to JF K Object to Post

What a whiny post, "OMG this person is doing things that are allowed and not against the rules and im getting bested, wahhhh!" I love how no one was complaining when I was getting your dogs merit for bronze dam or sire. Or taking your second pick choices in litters and making them champions THUS earning you credit in prestige. Get over your self's or just have handler free shows. Other people have been doing this since I signed up for this site and for all of you to sit here and try to call me out on the other thread than make an advice column because you cant handle a loss ON A FAKE DOG SHOW SITE, really need to take a look in the mirror. These are first world problems.

The best about this is how I see post about needing more people in the breed but once someone comes in and starts trying to actually play the game its suddenly a problem? O so i should pay a monthly fee so you can get the best handlers? Get over your self's most of the time I am stacking the shows the day before. Not a month full of shows. AGAIN NO ONE IS IN THE SHOW.

So you are telling me I should wait until you little princesses book shows at 11:30 pm the night before so than I can enter? get over your selves. Seriously it is so pathetic, and you are all hiding behind your other user names. Also apparently I did not know this but I am in 15 different breeds it looks like, wow didn't know that. Good to know.

Don't get mad at someone who is opportunistic and claim they are abusing it. You don't want to hand out money. FINE. You want to take your dogs off stud's or raise your stud's fee. FINE. I already won the game.

Replies in this thread : 27
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.