Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Change of judge for March SDWC
 Star Shiine
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/27/2017 6:51:30 AM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I am frustrated at this last minute change of judge for SDWC. It has been Oscar West for weeks and the new judge has completely different likes and dislikes.
In real life one knows the judge for several weeks in advance for important shows so you can prepare the most suitable dogs. Again I have campaigned dogs for O West that have less chance under the new judge.

And I have just bred a bitch that may have done very well under J.Brown but not under O West...gutted

I think once a judge has been chosen, he or she should stay.
What do you think about this?

-----
Last edited by Star Shiine on 3/27/2017 6:55:37 AM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2017 9:27:31 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

I believe the judge is whoever judges the most dogs in the month - it may change right til the last day of the month.
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2017 6:42:42 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

The judge with the most entries for the entire month gets the assignment for SDWC.

It's been this way since the beginning.

We usually don't know the final judge until a few days before the show.

Will
 Star Shiine
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2017 11:32:13 PM reply with quote send message to Star Shiine Object to Post

Thanks for the info.
 Glittering
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2017 5:47:59 PM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post

Sometimes the judge doesn't help.

Some years ago I had a great dog - the World Cup judge flipped about based on the number of entries they had received - and ended up being my perfect choice of judge. That particular dog was running #2 all time dog for the month and a win in the World Cup would have meant #1 dog for the month. That particular judge had given him BIS a number of times and liked him a lot. It was an underdog breed as far as BIS goes.

BIS for the World Cup was a girl of his breed who had never beaten him before and would never beat him again. With his favourite judge!

Sigh.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.