Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Feeling fed up!
 Lap of Luxury
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/13/2017 2:52:02 AM reply with quote send message to Lap of Luxury Object to Post   

I upgraded to family last week. I had 3 breeds in one kennel and wanted each breed to have their own kennel. I transferred 5 dogs to each kennel. Now one week later i went to transfer the rest, just a couple to each new kennel and now find that i cant for another 3 weeks because of the rule that prevents sales because i have exceeded the percentage of income. I just want all my dogs in the right kennels, it's not much to ask, surely?
So, now i am worried about showing dogs from 2 kennels because i might get in trouble for being a co-operative.
A family kennel isn't cheap and i really think in cases like this that you should be able to move as many dogs as you like to their new permanent homes. I'm not trying to make money for any one kennel, I am not broke by any means, in any of them. I am selling/ buying all for $100.
I don't see why I should have to wait another 3 weeks.
Losing my enthusiasm here sad :(
 Originality
Basic User

Basic User
4/13/2017 9:39:49 AM reply with quote send message to Originality Object to Post

Use your other kennels to buy them, then buy them again from the kennel you want them in. There's ways to get around it.
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/13/2017 12:24:34 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

Just wait the three weeks. Showing the same breed in two kennels is a far lesser worry than blatantly going around the safety checks in the game.
 Lap of Luxury
Basic User

Basic User
4/13/2017 12:47:15 PM reply with quote send message to Lap of Luxury Object to Post

Thanks. Partly though my point was, that when you want to buy/ sell dogs to your own kennels,in these circumstances, when you have just paid for a family sub, that you should be able to transfer as many as you like.
Does anyone agree?
Maybe there would have to be an additional rule that it's done on a one off basis, during the first month of opening the new kennels. I don't want to cheat.
 Cajun K9
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2017 4:21:57 AM reply with quote send message to Cajun K9 Object to Post

First, there are ways around it.

Secondly, just play the two different kennels in the same breed as just that, two different kennels in the same breed. You won't get in trouble for having two kennels in the same breed, as long as you use outside studs, etc. This doesn't mean you can't use your own dogs, just make sure you even it out a bit.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2017 1:08:23 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

OMG!

and if you really want to skirt the system, get a whole bunch of accounts so that each separate kennel holds 10 to 15 of each of your breeds, that way in total you'll have a HUGE ton of dogs to show laugh :D

It happens all over the place here, Imma 'bout to try it meh-self.
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/14/2017 1:11:28 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Take a deep breath. The rule was put in for a reason. Writing work-arounds for special situations that are essentially one time things for most folks is not always good use of limited programming time.

There are ways, as was suggested - just sell the dogs you want to move to one of the other kennels then sell them on to the kennel you want them in. Yes, it's a bit of a hassle but it's not that big a deal.

Smile. Be happy. There are a lot worse things going on in the world.

And a big welcome to your Family Kennel - the more the merrier.

Edit:
Oh, and it's not cheating! It's a process most 1st time families go through and, for us old-timers, we go through "kennel re-organizations" periodically. Unfortunately it does conflict with some coding put in place to limit activities that are done with illegal intents. Don't worry too much about having the same breed in more than one kennel, especially as it's a temporary situation. As long as you conduct yourself in a reasonable and appropriate manner there should not be any issues. Chill!

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio9 on 4/14/2017 1:16:56 PM

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio9 on 4/14/2017 1:24:24 PM
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2017 12:24:11 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

says #9 XD
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
4/15/2017 12:28:31 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

sorry that was a knee jerk response. my attempt at funny

Lap of Luxury
Basic User

Basic User
4/17/2017 12:33:41 AM reply with quote send message to Lap of Luxury Object to Post

Thanks, have managed to get them re-located without breaking any rules. Trouble was all my original kennels were full to bursting which is why i made the new kennels, then i couldn't move them, so got to the point where i couldn't show for several nights. Thanks everyone

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.