Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Inactive kennels selling on approval madness
 Rock Fall Dogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/1/2017 9:11:50 AM reply with quote send message to Rock Fall Dogs Object to Post   

I am just angry that some other breeds that I am involved with have dogs up for sale on approval, and the offending kennel is either an inactive Basic, or just inactive for more than 10 to 25 days....GRRRRRR!
Has anyone else had this issue, and why can't current players just buy the dog if the kennel has not logged in after so many days?
(In short- if a dog for sale is on approval, and the kennel has not logged in for so many days, why can't that dog go up for sale without approval?)
Maddening!!!!!!!!
RFD
sad :(
 Cajun K9
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2017 4:04:07 PM reply with quote send message to Cajun K9 Object to Post

I totally agree. If a kennel is considered inactive after, what, two weeks, then why can't the dog go to the first person who offered on it during that time?

I understand that sometimes things draw a person away from the game. For me, it was sudden illness and I had to virtually abandon eight kennels. I couldn't log in for six months. Still, that's just maddening. Not to mention if you are waiting for approvals, you might not offer on another dog you would have offered on had you known you were unlikely to get the approval you sought in the first place...

Blackie
 Valley of Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
5/1/2017 6:00:03 PM reply with quote send message to Valley of Dreams Object to Post

I think it would be a great idea to allow dogs that have been up for sale on approval in kennels that haven't been signed into for say 30 days to then be automatically switched across to auto-sale.

If the kennel was happy to sell the dogs in the first place then I assume they wouldn't have a problem with it if they haven't signed in for a significant period of time.

It would be terrific for reviving 'lost' breeds, and also working on bringing back lost colours as well.

I do however doubt that this will ever be implemented - as the game is in decline. Issues are not being fixed and the site isn't being maintained, therefore I feel it would be unlikely that any new ideas would be implemented. sad :(
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/1/2017 10:15:58 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

Seems like it could be set up like the stud approval. After a certain number of days it reverts to auto. It could be longer for sale dogs, of course, like 30 days or something. But yes, don't hold your breath.
 Rivacre Gundogs
Basic User

Basic User
5/2/2017 12:41:08 PM reply with quote send message to Rivacre Gundogs Object to Post

It's a shame in breeds where there are very few breeders and the higher SOP dogs are in inactive kennels.

Even if we can't buy them even breeding to them by making studs available would be a lifeline
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
5/2/2017 3:42:15 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

The kennel owner decided to put the dog on approval. Even if they are inactive, their intent should be respected.

Will
 House of K9s
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2017 5:04:51 PM reply with quote send message to House of K9s Object to Post

posted by BarStar Goldens
The kennel owner decided to put the dog on approval. Even if they are inactive, their intent should be respected.

Will

Then they should have the decency to come on and check for offers. I mean that takes, what, two minutes?

Greg

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler