Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Continuing to train show obedience?
 Wicked Kisses
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/12/2017 12:59:02 PM reply with quote send message to Wicked Kisses Object to Post   

Hey all! I have a question that's been bugging me because I swear I remember the answer from way back when but I can't be sure.

Do you continue to session your show dogs for show obedience even after they've already reached 20? I see some dogs out there still being sessioned on it, and they do fairly well. My fuzzy memory recalls doing this on obedience dogs, but I can't remember if I ever did it on my show dogs too razz :p
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/12/2017 1:43:05 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I think most folks do session past 20. The theory is that there are decimals there so the "20" might only be 19.5 or so.

It's probably more critical in highly competitive breeds. With the healthy supply of sessions I do most of mine to 30 days although that might be overkill in some breeds that session faster.
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2017 12:09:26 PM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

If I have the extra sessions, I usually will keep training until the dog achieves the Ch title.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.