Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Canaan Dogs-Super In Need
 Kalbarri
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/9/2017 12:32:13 PM reply with quote send message to Kalbarri Object to Post   

We need help in Canaans. No one shows anymore. I have 45 dogs in my kennel trying to keep the breed alive. I am willing to sell really good stock if someone wants to start them. Seriously worried they are going to go extinct on this site sad :( Is anyone interested in starting out?
 BlueShine
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2017 1:57:14 PM reply with quote send message to BlueShine Object to Post

posted by Kalbarri
We need help in Canaans. No one shows anymore. I have 45 dogs in my kennel trying to keep the breed alive. I am willing to sell really good stock if someone wants to start them. Seriously worried they are going to go extinct on this site sad :( Is anyone interested in starting out?
I am still here occasionally- but not actively showing.

I agree that the breed does need more players-noting that one of them is now gone to Basic.

I just put all my males up for stud at 25.00 if anyone wants to use them.

I will probably be breeding my girls in a day or two- so I too would be willing to share dogs/puppies when I have them available.

BlueS happy :)
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2017 8:19:08 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

What are the colors that still exist in the breed? I mean at the show quality SOP?

-----
Last edited by ESAN on 7/10/2017 8:19:57 AM
 BlueShine
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2017 8:33:47 AM reply with quote send message to BlueShine Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by ESAN
What are the colors that still exist in the breed? I mean at the show quality SOP?

-----
Last edited by ESAN on 7/10/2017 8:19:57 AM

I cant speak for the other kennels, but my highest SOP right now is 96.55 and she is a White, Liver and Tan Ticked.

My second highest is a male, 96.50 SOP, and he is also a White, Liver and Tan Ticked.

I am trying to maintain the high SOP's while also trying to get more colors into the breed.

Hope that info helps, ESAN.

BlueS happy :)

EDITED TO ADD: I will be having puppies born here July 14th.

-----
Last edited by BlueShine on 7/10/2017 8:38:22 AM
 BlueShine
Basic User

Basic User
7/10/2017 11:11:30 AM reply with quote send message to BlueShine Object to Post

posted by Kalbarri
Just wondering.......

How are we supposed to advance the breed if you don't have your males up for stud?

Wouldn't sharing your studs help????

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.