Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Photobucket No Longer Allowing Third Party Hosting For Free...
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/16/2017 3:10:14 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post   

From how I understand it on their website, it looks like you have to sign up for their $39.99/month plan as that is the only plan that will perform third party hosting (i.e. posting images on Showdaog). Since I rarely use photobucket (pretty much just for showdog), I'm not paying that.

Does anyone know of any other websites that let you do this for free (like Photobucket USED to??)
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2017 5:26:17 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

As far as I know this one will

village.photos
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2017 9:42:41 PM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

You can get your own domain for as low as $3 a month if you pay in full for the year, and host them yourself too.

I use Filezilla to FTP them.

I believe you can also do so for free with Wordpress though I haven't checked as I have a full-fledged blog.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2017 4:11:47 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I've seen banner folk use this site:

https://postimages.org/

(Although I don't know anything about it as I haven't used it myself)
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
8/17/2017 8:00:16 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

I'll see if I can't figure something out to help with the situation.
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/17/2017 1:41:57 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

My banners are still showing up as far as I know. I still have a free account so I don't know if you have to pay or not.

WishMaker
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/17/2017 2:33:40 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

That would be great if ShowDog could provide some hosting space - even with a small fee . . .

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.