Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Feeding glitch?
 Squeaky318
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/6/2017 7:42:51 PM reply with quote send message to Squeaky318 Object to Post   

When you do the bulk feeding, and all pups get Food X and all adults get Food Y, does it stay this way indefinitely? I keep having pups born and put on Old Roy when I have already done the bulk feeding setting with my formulas. Have lost condition and time on some nice pups because of it.
 Wikeen
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2017 8:02:55 PM reply with quote send message to Wikeen Object to Post

Try the "Set Puppy ration" under your account tools. Then each new puppy that is born will be on the ration you selected happy :)
 Squeaky318
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2017 3:46:38 AM reply with quote send message to Squeaky318 Object to Post

Yes, that's what I did, but what happened was one of my last litters was old enough to show so I went dog by dog to check condition to enter and they were down to 8...with 20 stats. They are only up to 11's now and almost 30 days old and the condition is just so slow to fix.
 Squeaky318
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2017 3:50:52 AM reply with quote send message to Squeaky318 Object to Post

And only happening in my Manchester kennel
 Rustic Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
9/7/2017 4:12:19 AM reply with quote send message to Rustic Dogs Object to Post

If for any reason your Manchester kennel went to Basic, then you made it Standard/Family again- you may have to go in and redo it.
 Squeaky318
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2017 2:04:17 PM reply with quote send message to Squeaky318 Object to Post

No, it seems to happen when I get new litters...some just seem to end up on Ol Roy and no clue why. Even the ones I have on good food, some are hard keepers.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/7/2017 7:21:06 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The Bulk Feeder only works on the current dogs - i.e. if you use it to change all puppies from puppy to adult whatever, you have to do it again when another batch reaches 14 days - they are not automatically changed.

I've found that the Bulk Feeder does not seem to work on all the groups but it does seem to work reliably to change all dogs of show age, usually meaning changing 14 day puppies to adult. It does not seem to work for changing those over 120 days to PetHouse for example.

Personally, for the last several months I've been using Puppy1777 as the default puppy food so everyone goes on that at birth. When I see any 14 day litters, I use the BulkFeeder to change to Adult1777, everyone changes and they stay on that forever.

I find with the current money/sessions it works just fine for me. I don't always have time/inclination to go and check/change everyone individually.

As for Squeaky's problem, I'd mmaybe redo the puppy ration that I'm using and then check the default puppy ration - more or less as already suggested.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 9/7/2017 7:24:49 PM

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.