Replies in this thread : 62
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Wikeen..
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 3:59:04 PM reply with quote send message to Wikeen.. Object to Post

Haha a sore loser are we in high school again laugh :D

I’m upset that you entered that many dogs to win and cheat which is what you did. The only reason you entered 27 Collies and 30 Golden’s is so win and get points. So you would have a advantage and better odds. I don’t see any other reason why you would waste money on entries. You’re the only one here calling names no one else is. And it’s a public forum meaning that it was a 99% chance you would see this post. It’s not just me that has a issue with your entries.
 Kleenex Kennels 6
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 5:49:14 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels 6 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

IN REGARDS TO POSTING MY MESSAGE TO MY INBOX FROM STUDIOS

you mean the person that was banned and has no inbox right after they sent it? yeah reaching out to that person is worthwhile LOL. they were doing things against the rules and they got caught, I posted that in a forum for ADMIN.

big difference in your post when you have nothing to do with me or my dogs.

IN REGARDS TO WIKEEN, i didnt cheat, I beat you with better fully sessioned dogs. it was my choice to enter all my dogs.

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels 6 on 9/22/2017 5:51:11 PM
 Ridley
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/22/2017 10:22:24 PM reply with quote send message to Ridley Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

As the other kennel in Kuvasz, this was brought to my attention, so I guess I will reply.

I was showing, but all my adult dogs are ch'd right now. I would show my upcoming pups, but the point schedule is going to go way up next month, so I won't bother. When it comes back down, if it does, I will show again.

While I don't care for it, what Kleenex is doing is not against the rules, so I have nothing to say about it. Play how you want, while I would prefer to show, I can just breed for now.

btw, Kleenex, I don't see any message from you. I would not have ignored you if I had. Maybe it didn't go through or got deleted, I have no clue.

Edited for clarity and spelling

-----
Last edited by Ridley on 9/22/2017 10:36:58 PM
 Kleenex Kuvasz 1
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2017 11:28:41 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kuvasz 1 Object to Post

Yes Ridley I tried to message you when I saw you enter your champion male for the breed points, I tried to see if you had stuff to enter. But messages were not showing inbox for like a week and I missed some myself. So maybe that's why I was ignored. As for the point scale it doesn't matter if I enter them all in different shows or the same shows points go off dogs shown.

If I wanted to champion them all fast I could have done different shows with this point scale and get 2 five point majors all 5 shows in a night. but that was not my objective, I was trying to look at patterns with judges and sops in a breed I was playing by myself.

I'm about to FH the first gen and move to the second, if you have anything for majors let me know as I have enough to fill right now, which was my message originally to you.

ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2017 1:30:19 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

I don't think Kleenex is doing anything wrong as long as he/she plays by the rules. Personally I prefer a kennel showing more dogs than less. As for winning there are no odds related to number. The best dogs wins, it's simple. I show just a few dogs in some breeds and they still win amongst a lot of other dogs, because it's quality that matters, not quantity.
And I would say thank you Kleenex for having more kennels because you help in keeping this game going, and thank you for showing your dogs (all of them)!
 Wikeen.
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2017 2:32:00 AM reply with quote send message to Wikeen. Object to Post

To clear something up. I don’t care that my dogs lost in a show. It happens with real dog shows and game ones. My issue was with the amount of entries in ONE show. I don’t know how it got to the topic of me being a sore loser and so on.

I did not see that they entered that many dogs in one show before hand. Again if I did I would have pulled my dogs. The dogs I entered are just getting started with showing I don’t expect them to win the very first few shows. Again it has to deal with the amount of entries that led to winning. Not just winning and grabbing points.

I made my issues very clear and it was the amount of dogs entered not because they won lol. And I linked the show and my breed the first time I replied so I wasn’t trying to hide that my dogs lost that show, don’t know why it was brought up. Maybe to make me seem like a bad guy. I don’t even know.

But just wanted to clear that up, I had a issue and it was answered. Looking at some future Collie entries Kleenex did split up there collies and did not enter them all in one show. I do appreciate that.

-----
Last edited by Wikeen. on 9/23/2017 2:58:05 AM
 El Dorado
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2017 4:37:27 AM reply with quote send message to El Dorado Object to Post

posted by Wikeen.
To clear something up. I don’t care that my dogs lost in a show. It happens with real dog shows and game ones. My issue was with the amount of entries in ONE show. I don’t know how it got to the topic of me being a sore loser and so on.

I did not see that they entered that many dogs in one show before hand. Again if I did I would have pulled my dogs. The dogs I entered are just getting started with showing I don’t expect them to win the very first few shows. Again it has to deal with the amount of entries that led to winning. Not just winning and grabbing points.

I made my issues very clear and it was the amount of dogs entered not because they won lol. And I linked the show and my breed the first time I replied so I wasn’t trying to hide that my dogs lost that show, don’t know why it was brought up. Maybe to make me seem like a bad guy. I don’t even know.

But just wanted to clear that up, I had a issue and it was answered. Looking at some future Collie entries Kleenex did split up there collies and did not enter them all in one show. I do appreciate that.

-----
Last edited by Wikeen. on 9/23/2017 2:58:05 AM

You are right, Wikeen...The issue was not about who won or lost, it was the amount of dogs entered into one show by a family account...

And as far as what Kleenex said about their multiple entries in one show, I am not surprised at what they said on the subject of ruining the Point Scale....They will mess it up and then just find another breed to ruin...

Just My Opinion....Oh well....Play on.....

El D
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2017 9:39:08 AM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

posted by Kleenex Kennels
and SINCE WE ARE SPEAKING OPENLY

Wikeen so everyone can see here is the

FULLY SESSIONED dog I won in collies with
showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15874775

he is 96.75

here is your entries they are not fully sessioned

showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15867435

showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15895679

here is Alibi's entry not fully sessioned

showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15887414

Whoa... how did I get drug into this ....

I don't think I've done anything but help a TON of new comers to this breed with very nice dogs, stud dogs at good prices and sponsoring specialties. I quite often enter my show dogs with training at 19, I always have since I started playing SD in 2003. I have a limited amount of time to play and they get entered when I have time. This is a pretty common practice. When someone says they are showing "not fully sessioned dogs" we usually take that to mean the grooming, training or show condition are not at 20, depending on the breed 19's will finish.

Both of you are doing some nice winning in Collies with nice dogs. I'm not a super fan of having 30 dogs dumped into one show, but it happens and there isn't a rule about it. Sometimes I enter all of mine in one show too, just depends on how the day goes or if I have time, an owner handler judge might get all my entries. If you're entering a bunch of barely sessioned dogs to make points, there is really no need in Collies, we have lots of major opportunities.

I know that it seems difficult at this point in time to imagine breeds needing more than the bare minimum for majors, but it did used to be fairly common in the popular breeds to need a lot of dogs for majors. Now with the lower user base and less dogs being shown it's not seen often anymore, so please bare in mind when you're entering that you don't want to up the number of dogs required for a major if you can help it since in some breeds it's very hard to get 4 dogs much less 8 for a major but honestly play within the rules and it should be fine too happy :)
 Kleenex Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2017 9:49:38 AM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Goldens Object to Post

Alibi the issue was not with your dogs but wikeen saying the dogs won because Kleenex rigged them with entries, which is not the case and that was clearly debunked by showing the dogs who won were fully sessioned won against those who were not.

Nothing is against the rules here let this die!!!!!
 Kleenex Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2017 10:10:12 AM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Goldens Object to Post

posted by ESAN
I don't think Kleenex is doing anything wrong as long as he/she plays by the rules. Personally I prefer a kennel showing more dogs than less. As for winning there are no odds related to number. The best dogs wins, it's simple. I show just a few dogs in some breeds and they still win amongst a lot of other dogs, because it's quality that matters, not quantity.
And I would say thank you Kleenex for having more kennels because you help in keeping this game going, and thank you for showing your dogs (all of them)!

Thank you too, I'm just showing my dogs. You win some you lose some but I noticed since coming back the user base is really tiny, I do have a lot of kennels and I'm focusing on many breeds, hope I make a positive impact on the game.
 residential5
Basic User

Basic User
9/23/2017 3:36:20 PM reply with quote send message to residential5 Object to Post

I dot think it's remotely appropriate to call someone out for doing something that is CLEARLY not forbidden.

We have enough trouble keeping new players. Putting complaints out publicly only runs more people off.
 KonaBlechen
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2017 8:19:15 AM reply with quote send message to KonaBlechen Object to Post

Well said residential 5
 Ponds
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2017 8:37:08 PM reply with quote send message to Ponds Object to Post

Do any of you realize that the points schedule resets every month?

I get so tired of these posts. Entries will fluctuate from month to month and the point schedule will adjust itself.

GET OVER IT. Be glad someone is at least playing in the breed for goodness sake.

It would be different if they were using a dozen handlers and actually playing in an unethical manner. But they are not. I've not seen a single complaint about anything but the fact they are entering dogs in large numbers.

The last time I checked the name of this game is still showdog.com which implies that people will be showing dogs.

I'm a full time college student with a family to take care of and sometimes when I run out of time at night I will enter every dog I'm showing in one show so I'm not missing a night of showing. I never use handlers and I don't always win.

There are times I enter 25 dogs in a breed and don't place in a single class but I'm sure the people winning the points aren't mad at me.

Across 5 kennels I will show upwards of a 100 or more dogs a night when I have time to do entries.

I session every dog I keep and at times I will be showing 30 dogs in a breed at a time.

There is absolutely nothing stopping you from showing as many dogs as you want to.

Wikeen.
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2017 7:25:23 PM reply with quote send message to Wikeen. Object to Post

Get over it eh, lol. So hostile over a post no ones even thinking about anymore.

I’m certainly not upset at this anymore. I will admit that I did think Kleenex entered that many dogs to get points. But alas that is not the case. With the new shows that have ran it proves no matter how many dogs is entered the best dog will win. I had a single sheltie entered and I won WB out of maybe 50+ dogs. I’m a newer player and that’s the first time that many dogs was entered in the same show as me so it took me by surprise lol.

But no ones mad at Kleenex I’m certainly not. And you’re are correct there is nothing stopping you from entering all of your dogs in a show. The good thing about the entries is that when you beat them your dogs record looks better laugh :D lol

I’ll have my first dog beat over 1,000 dogs with how entries are going ^.^

-----
Last edited by Wikeen. on 10/8/2017 7:35:59 PM
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 4:38:39 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

The downside is that the amount of dogs needed to make a major increases despite claims to the contrary. Five males needed for 3 points 8 females for a three point major. Last month it was 4 and 5 respectively. So yes, entering a huge amount of dogs in one or two shows every night does affect everyone in the breed.
 rowanw
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 6:36:12 PM reply with quote send message to rowanw Object to Post

I just returned from a brief hiatus and came back to this

I've had Kuvaszok in this kennel since 2009
I almost didn't add this kennel back to my family account because of those numbers.

Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 7:11:33 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

Ah yes, I see we have the same problem. It's kind of ridiculous and I'm not clear on the end game.
 Rainbow Castle
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 8:51:24 PM reply with quote send message to Rainbow Castle Object to Post

Last month, a 5 point major for Cocker Spaniels was 10 bitches, this month it’s 21.
 Powder River Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 9:10:35 PM reply with quote send message to Powder River Kennel Object to Post

So what is the problem? Would you rather less players and less dogs so it’s easier to win?
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 9:17:07 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

The problem is it makes it nearly impossible to get a major. Save the hostility okay? We have a right to express our feeling about it. So yes, I'd rather have less dogs being shown in my breed to keep the majors accessible for everyone.

Replies in this thread : 62
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.