Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 62
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 9:19:27 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

I see exactly where you're coming from Powder. Hardly an unbiased opinion but still one you're entitled to. As am I.
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 9:51:39 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:45:01 PM
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 10:01:27 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

So you decided it was ridiculous for the rest of the people in collies? I think it's ridiculous to enter 30 dogs in one show. So now we both have expressed what we find ridiculous. Carry on.
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 10:06:15 PM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:45:11 PM
 Powder River Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 10:15:13 PM reply with quote send message to Powder River Kennel Object to Post

You are both entitled to opinions but this thread needs to stop.

The game was different before Kleenex came back, my game was different. But I can appreciate the drive to breed and show multiple kennels at that capacity, if they weren’t winning I don’t think anyone would complain about how many it took for a major. It’s just like real life. The sport has gotten catty. New people aren’t joining in and it’s various reasons consumed by drama .

Nobody says I’ll just stop showing a while So majors go down. This game used to have high point scales in all the breeds I’m happy to see big 1000 dog shows,
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 10:17:49 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

You have raised the points needed for majors for EVERYONE in the breed for your own rather selfish reasons. It's not just in collies, it seems to be in every breed you play. Collies have always been a relaxed easygoing breed to play. I would know, having played in them since 2004. When our dogs made it to the all time top dogs list it was for legitimate wins, not by stacking shows with 30 dogs to get there. You play your way I'll play mine.
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 10:19:11 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

Sorry Powder, you're wrong. I've been in collies since 2004 and we've never had anything like this. Ever.

Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 10:27:59 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I think powder was talking about the big entries in the shows, not collies. There were a lot more players . And as I said before it wouldn’t matter if there were thirty collies if you were winning the breed every time, but my dogs are quality. Quality enough you have bred to the 17 time specialty winner you said is not worthy of his wins and my entries pad his stats as you say.

That’s ok, if you wanted to handle this professionally and talk to me it might have gone over better.

8 and 11 for a major is nothing to cry about.

I see the issues with kuvasz but if the people enter better dogs they win the majors and I pay the entries.

I even went no handlers most shows.

Powder River Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 10:33:17 PM reply with quote send message to Powder River Kennel Object to Post

This dog is undeserving of his wins?

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15896717

Thought he was the high SOP for the breed, maybe he wouldn’t have the dogs beaten but I don’t think he would have lost all those specialties if they were smaller

This conversation is upsetting. It’s like Facebook in real life shows.

I’m done with this thread good luck to you all
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 10:34:35 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

Quality dogs win group. Have a good night, we're done here.
 Rainbow Castle
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 11:17:40 PM reply with quote send message to Rainbow Castle Object to Post

Aren’t Powder/Kleenex the same person? I am so confused.
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/31/2017 11:18:26 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

Yes Rainbow.
 Rainbow Castle
Basic User

Basic User
10/31/2017 11:31:43 PM reply with quote send message to Rainbow Castle Object to Post

Honestly, I would just like to calmly try and explain my point of view. I have American Cocker Spaniels in my kennel. The point scale has essentially doubled since last month. I know that the best dog will win, I get that. I know how the game works. But on a day to day basis, it makes show entires for me extremely difficult. I can’t session and then enter my dogs in several days worth of shows. Because the Kleenex dogs all get entered the day of, I can’t know ahead of time which shows will even have the potential for a major. My dogs are at the mercy of the Kleenex entries.

Whether or not this type of gameplay is allowed or not is beside the point for me. Lots of players stack shows and it’s perfectly acceptable. I don’t know of anyone else though who stacks to this level. Or so many breeds. And when so many fellow players have expressed their feelings, it just feels bad to be shot down and ignored. There is no point in this level of entries. Having dogs high in the rankings means absolutely nothing when it is done this way. I could open 8 Kennels of Chihuahuas, and within a few weeks, I could probably have the #1 Chihuahua of all time if I entered all my dogs. But I wouldn’t feel good about that accomplishment because it’s artificial.

Now I’m honestly not trying to be rude here. I’m just saying please at least try and see this through the eyes of other players. Many people play with one or two Kennels, and just can’t possibly keep up with this type of game play.
 Kleenex Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 10:06:24 AM reply with quote send message to Kleenex Kennels Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Kleenex Kennels on 11/1/2017 3:45:23 PM
 Rainbow Castle
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 12:28:18 PM reply with quote send message to Rainbow Castle Object to Post

The #1 Kuvasz of all time is now a 96 day old 9.60 SOP source dog. Do you honestly not see anything wrong with that?

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15874564
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 1:06:29 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

posted by Rainbow Castle
The #1 Kuvasz of all time is now a 96 day old 9.60 SOP source dog. Do you honestly not see anything wrong with that?

Wow, there's a ton of Kleenex dogs on the Top Kuvasz list now. Really sad.

Kind of like spitting in the face of all of those players and dogs that worked hard to get their dog on that list with normal game play and actual competition.

In Kuvasz I don't think he/she beat one single dog that was owned by another player.
 Powder River Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 2:00:41 PM reply with quote send message to Powder River Kennel Object to Post

then enter your Kuvasz with higher stats and beat Kleenex.

THE BEST DOG WILL WIN, BREED ENTRIES DONT HURT ANYONE.

All you guys want to do is jump on Kleenex and I have nothing to say except I know her in real life she brought me brought me back to the game and subscribed my original kennel name. not a bad person here, maybe she plays different then you maybe the dog shows just got a lot more dogs. but show your better dogs and beat her. higher breed entries dont help one person they help the breed and people who subscribed 15 kennels all run independently without cheating with funds or dogs is OK in my book for the life of the game.Many breeds are getting higher SOPS too, There are far worse players with one kennel funneling money and dogs.

With Danes at 100 SOP I find more fun watching all the others.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 2:07:50 PM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

posted by Rainbow Castle

yeah.. this seems strange... a source dog winning Silver GCh awards and merit awards for offspring... it's basically unheard of for years on SD. I've received Gch. and Merit awards on many different breeds and it's something that is usually really hard work and takes a ton of time and effort.
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 2:19:03 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

I'm not sure that anyone is saying that Kleenex's dogs are subpar. She has purchased and finished many of my dogs in various breeds.
Other than the Kuvasz situation because No, a source dog shouldn't be winning like that on a regular basis, that appears to absolutely be a dog only winning against stacked competition from it's own kennel.

I think the issue is that artificially inflating point schedules is making things unpleasant for many other players and they are voicing their concern for their game play and their dogs.
 Wikeen.
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2017 2:30:01 PM reply with quote send message to Wikeen. Object to Post

With how point schedules are setup you have to enter your dogs in shows Kleenex is in. But when Kleenex decides what shows to enter her dogs in, I may not like the judge she picked. So now I have to skip a show because it’s a waste to enter a show with smaller entries.

Yes the best dog will win but there are other factors such as judges and handlers. Some lines show better with handlers and some lines are better with owner handler judges.

That’s another way to look at it.

I like to spread my dogs out to compete with other kennels. I dislike entering all my dogs in one show. For the reason I stated above.

-----
Last edited by Wikeen. on 11/1/2017 2:42:25 PM

Replies in this thread : 62
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing