Search

.com Forum · Cane Corso

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : How is the mask inherited in Cane Corso?
 ESAN
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/28/2017 4:04:19 PM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post   

I can't quite figure it out from the color genes, but my guess it's recessive?? Is anyone trying to bring the mask back to show quality?
 All Star Acres
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2017 9:21:23 PM reply with quote send message to All Star Acres Object to Post

I was trying to figure that out and from what I can tell, masking is dominant to non-masking. However, it can get tricky with dogs that are ee (yellow/red that "hides" their pigment) because if they have a mask, you can't see it since the black hairs are hidden. This game does an impressively thorough job of following real life genetic color patterns, it can just be a little confusing at times because they lack space to list out alllll of the different genes so some things become implied. That's what it seems like to me at least happy :)
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
10/29/2017 12:48:20 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

I bred a fawn brindle to a fawn brindle with mask and al of the puppies are without mask, that's why I assumed it was recessive. And yes, it is not detailed on the color genes table.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.