Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Dissertation Survey - Animal Welfare
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/18/2017 4:28:53 PM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

SURVEY NOW CLOSED!

-----
Last edited by Hawkeye Kennel on 5/17/2018 6:49:34 AM
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2017 4:23:12 PM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

I cannot view the images,but i have to ask:why do you want to use shock tactics? I also am all for humane treatment of animals,but when I think of shock tactics,PETA is the first thing i think of
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/14/2018 10:53:02 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Sorry, I won't participate.

We all know bad stuff happens, I don't need to see it. I don't know what you are presenting but we don't need to give anyone any ideas.
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2018 6:50:49 PM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

:O Didn't see that people had replied!

Dream Castle Kennels - my dissertation is exploring the effectiveness of these images, therefore I had to use shocking images as well as non-shocking images. PETA is definitely the first thing that comes to mind as well!

Gaylanstudio - Hmm, not really sure what you meant about giving people ideas. All I'm exploring is how strongly people respond to such images, I'm really not trying to present anything.

I understand that neither of you wished to participate and I thank you for your comments happy :)
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
5/11/2018 10:14:00 AM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

I can answer from personal experience here.

Shocking images make me cry ( no matter if I am at home,work or outside) and crawl indo a dark place and just ball about how unfair life is and how messed up humans are. It doesn't make me want to do anything besides feel sorry for the animals (or whomever)

Now, images that work for me and make me want to do something to help or better the world are the images of happy, healthy wild life - as an example. That was recovering after a traumatic experience and then were either set free or are living in a sanctuary of sorts.
Same with pets - I want to see happy photos of their current life if someone will show me pictures of their "before" life.

There has to be a positive prior to the negative, so people can see that changes are possible and we all can help in some shape or form.
Showing just the negative things will make more people think negatively, be miserable and think in the wrong direction after seeing those images.

Just my two cents.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.