Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : How many kennels still go back to their original foundation dogs and/or bitches
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
12/23/2017 7:33:16 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post   

I was wondering how many kennels have managed to keep alive the lines they started with.

I still have the line from my very first girl (CH Queen Vashti UD) in Showdog going strong. It took a lot of persistence to keep her line going. For a lot of generations, I only had one representative -- but thanks to one of her great, great... grandget, the line is now very prolific in DenKees.

I have managed to keep the original lines going in all my kennels - and doing that sometimes requires patience and persistence. I find it is fun to look back and see how far the lines you started with, have progressed.
 Intrinsicc
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/23/2017 8:13:56 PM reply with quote send message to Intrinsicc Object to Post

I have my Terv line in this kennel which traces back to my original grey source bitch and my first purchased bitch from my original kennel Intrinsic when I started show dog and then quit after a few years due to work changes etc but thankfully left a dog at stud who I was able to use when I started back up in show dog. I don't pursue the Tervs like I once did but keep a few for thier heritage to that former kennel happy :)
 Fingerprint
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/24/2017 12:25:56 PM reply with quote send message to Fingerprint Object to Post

My Dalmatians all have some of the original blood from when I started in 2008.

In my Tarot kennel, I always make sure I have several that also go back to my original bitch.

In my Xizang kennel, I keep a couple of TTs just to keep the old blood around, and breed them occasionally just to keep it alive.

In my DoggyPanache kennel, I keep at least 1 IWS that goes back to the first litter I ever had on SD, they all have Candy or Apple in their name (the original IWS bitch was Candy Apple).

In my Aldeberan kennel I also have at least 1 Kom that goes back to the original.

So yes, each of my kennels has at least 1 direct descendant of the original dogs in that kennel.

For some reason, it's important to me.
 Pendragon
Basic User

Basic User
12/26/2017 11:31:14 AM reply with quote send message to Pendragon Object to Post

Had to doubly check but my Tervs lines go all the way back to the first dogs that I started with in 2004
 Aniron
Basic User

Basic User
12/26/2017 1:04:16 PM reply with quote send message to Aniron Object to Post

I wasn't around when the game started. That would have been a lot of fun to see. I still have my original line for the short time that I've been working with them.
 ftkarens
Basic User

Basic User
12/27/2017 5:20:32 PM reply with quote send message to ftkarens Object to Post

Many of my Boxers go back to my original source dogs. Just checked and KC's Redhead is still listed #54 all time winning dogs. Born 4/16/2004, she has gone through several resets and sports an SOP of 23.05.Her dam was source.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler