Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Source Dog Best In Show?
 Woodwinds
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/2/2018 3:58:32 AM reply with quote send message to Woodwinds Object to Post   

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15990505
I don't want to be insulting or complaining or stupid, but how is it this source dog won Best In Show? Am I missing something? I see that there was some training, but I don't understand. Thanks in advance for any insight on this.
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2018 4:18:16 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Lorene Moore has become glitchy with results, it's at least the third time she has put a starter up as BIS
 Rivacre Gundogs
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2018 4:50:16 AM reply with quote send message to Rivacre Gundogs Object to Post

She seems to like that dog! These glitches are getting very irritating.
 Crosscroft
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2018 12:55:38 PM reply with quote send message to Crosscroft Object to Post

How did that dog achieve a CH title with only 2 majors under the same judge?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2018 2:15:35 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Crosscroft
How did that dog achieve a CH title with only 2 majors under the same judge?
The different judge major situation only applies to the GCH title. CH dogs can get their title with points from the same judge.
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2018 6:30:58 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

No, A dog must win 2 majors.... and each major must be under a different judge for the champion title.

Will
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2018 9:52:08 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Then there must be an 11 year glitch because I've never had that be the case for a regular CH title.

Old example (2014) but this dog of mine from another kennel had gotten both majors under the same judge to finish:

www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=13230279

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 1/2/2018 9:59:36 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2018 10:15:43 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

You can't use old dogs as examples - old show records are deleted. Based on the results for this dog he only has 8 regular points total. I believe anything less than BOB/BOS gets deleted after a while. There has got to be more to this dogs record - other majors under different judges. . .

Now, admittedly, there is definitely something wrong with Lorene - maybe she lost her glasses.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 1/2/2018 10:26:29 PM
 Grasslans
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2018 10:33:45 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans Object to Post

Championship is just at least two majors under any or the same judge.
www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=15972447 here is a current dog with majors under the same judge. He also used to win best in hound group before Ms Moore lost the plot with hounds.

I have a couple of stater borzois at the moment, might be time to throw them into the ring :P
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/2/2018 11:55:51 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Thank you for your example, Grasslans.

I don't need a recent example for something that has not changed since I've been playing since 2006. This only applies to GCH majors.

Also my example has 2 major wins under the same judge, not just "regular points."

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 1/2/2018 11:56:43 PM

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 1/2/2018 11:57:06 PM
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/3/2018 12:00:26 AM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Dbl post, sorry, mobile and I don't agree

-----
Last edited by Comet Poodles on 1/3/2018 12:03:09 AM
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/3/2018 12:31:05 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I would SWEAR that it said in the help section that the 2 majors have to be under different judges. It doesn't say that though. I know that is a hard-and-fast rule in RL unless it was recently changed.
 Aniron
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2018 12:42:40 AM reply with quote send message to Aniron Object to Post

It seems that this dog earned a title because other judges awarded 1 point to this dog in addition to the 2 major wins that Lorene Moore gave her.

I'm sure we can all agree that this is a glitch. There's no way a source dog can beat current show quality dogs unless there is something really funky going on with those hidden decimals.

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.