Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Join Norwegian Elkhounds!
 Berry Brits
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/25/2018 12:03:02 AM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post   

I've got so many excess broods and pups it's kind of insane, and also a perfect start for anybody new! So here are the facts about Norwegian Elkhounds:

-ranked #71 in breed popularity
-high SOP (that I'm aware of) is 97.30 but anything above 97.05 is finishable
-potential for group placements
-four active, friendly breeders that are totally willing to help newcomers out!
-extremely low stud prices ($25-50)
-cute color pictures!
-low-stress showing (no excessive use of handlers) and a good few breed specialties

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested in starting up in the breed. happy :) I've got a ton of 97.05 SOP broods that I'd be willing to toss at people which could make both good show prospects and also potential for good pups. I also have some 97.10-15 pups that I'm willing to re-home if you're planning to show.
 Blazing Fury
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 12:03:23 AM reply with quote send message to Blazing Fury Object to Post

Whoops, I posted from the wrong kennel! This is my Norwegian Elkhound kennel. happy :)
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 10:50:28 AM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

DUH

-----
Last edited by Diasonia on 5/25/2018 10:50:54 AM
 Novolina
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 10:51:18 AM reply with quote send message to Novolina Object to Post

Didn't switch accounts up there...

Will give it a try!
I looked into this breed at the beginning of the year, don't remember why I didn't get into it then. I think I will be getting out of one or just keep one or two dogs from it and will do the Elkies. happy happy :)
 Blazing Fury
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2018 10:53:11 AM reply with quote send message to Blazing Fury Object to Post

Ahaha I did the exact same thing earlier! Sounds great, I’ll send you a PM shortly about pups and broods I have available. laugh :D
 Blazing Fury
Basic User

Basic User
6/3/2018 3:05:48 PM reply with quote send message to Blazing Fury Object to Post

Bump! I've got at least 20 pups arriving tomorrow, both them and their moms are going to need new homes before I go over limit haha. happy :)
 Blazing Fury
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2018 7:43:32 PM reply with quote send message to Blazing Fury Object to Post

Bump! I'm over my kennel limit again... lol
 Front Street Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/20/2018 10:32:17 PM reply with quote send message to Front Street Kennels Object to Post

I think I would be interested. I like the breed and have been looking to get out of Boxers and join something new. laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.