Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Older Dogs?
 Command Performance Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/25/2018 2:14:09 PM reply with quote send message to Command Performance Kennel Object to Post   

I know there is a limit on how many show aged dogs one can have, up to 35 if you are premium and pay for the upgrade, but do dogs that are no longer show age, but not on the retirement couch still count towards that limit? For example, a dog that might be done showing, but you might want to keep it as a stud dog?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 2:36:23 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Once you add a dog or bitch to your retirement couch, they are altered and cannot be bred or bred to.

They do not count toward your limit as a standard account, but they do count toward basic accounts.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 3:32:34 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Dogs too old to show but not on the "Retirement Couch" do count.

Anything still breedable will count, as well as those 14 to 29 days although they are not yet breedable.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 3:40:34 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Hm, yeah, I didn't read the post at all it seems. See Gaylans reply for your question.
 Little Bits
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2018 11:03:32 PM reply with quote send message to Little Bits Object to Post

posted by Comet Poodles
Once you add a dog or bitch to your retirement couch, they are altered and cannot be bred or bred to.

They do not count toward your limit as a standard account, but they do count toward basic accounts.

I realized that after I wrote that post. I was actually referring to both dogs on the couch who are altered and dogs who are to old to show, but are not altered. Sorry I wasn't clearer, and sorry I'm writing from a different kennel.
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
6/27/2018 11:59:50 AM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Any dog that is not altered and is 14 days or older will count toward your limit.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.