Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Hidden Studs
 tammo
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/25/2018 5:55:06 PM reply with quote send message to tammo Object to Post   

What are these and how do you find them!?
 Bailey Barns
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 6:18:23 PM reply with quote send message to Bailey Barns Object to Post

They are studs that are listed for public use but are not on the public studs page because the owner hasn't logged in for a long time. You find them by searching through the inactive kennels that have dogs of your breed.
 tammo
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 6:31:29 PM reply with quote send message to tammo Object to Post

Thank you! But, I’ve done that. None to be found ??
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/25/2018 7:05:27 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

What breed? I'll help you look.
 Zoetic
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2018 12:35:05 AM reply with quote send message to Zoetic Object to Post

For example I went looking in one of your breeds: the GBGV.

I went to All-Time Top Dogs and it took a few tries but clicked a dog's name and looked at its breeder/finisher. Sometimes those are inactive kennels that unsubscribe with dogs still up for stud.

Here's a really good example of this:

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Unsighned

This person hasn't logged in since last November but still has dogs up for stud at $25.

I love finding old studs and using them to bring old blood in to what's currently being used.

Zo
 tammo
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/26/2018 10:22:11 PM reply with quote send message to tammo Object to Post

Omg! Thank you! There is only one other active player breeding GBGV, and we need more stud options! I’ve used some source dogs to help bloodline diversity but of course that take a long time. I’ll have to do a better job hunting!! Thank you!!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/27/2018 11:06:13 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Wow! Quite a bonanza of hidden studs there! Good work! (Not my breed but congratulations on the find!)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.