Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 16

Author Topic : Looking for a breed in need
 Blackfrost Chromatics
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/18/2018 7:29:38 PM reply with quote send message to Blackfrost Chromatics Object to Post   

Any breeds badly needing new blood/breeders? I have one kennel slot open on my family account, looking for a breed I can be useful in.
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/18/2018 8:06:15 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

If you are looking for a Toy breed, I can set you up in Brussels Griffons. There is only one breeder besides myself who doesn't actively show. I just recently hit 96 SOP but it is slow going... 2 coat types, several colors. Let me know and good luck happy :)
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2018 8:51:18 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I usually go check the Stud Dog board - any breeds missing or just 1-2 studs listed I'll check to see how many of the breed are currently in the game.

I'm in a number of breeds with less than 50 dogs in game - so there's tons of breeds that could use some additional players.
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2018 10:27:28 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

I've got a few rare-ish breeds I can get you started in!

Schipperke - 2 breeders (plus a basic), 83 total dogs. Both of us are friendly and stud prices are super cheap. We get the occasional group/show placement and showing is rather easy - not a lot of handler hogging. happy :) High SOP is 97.20 I believe.

Thai Ridgebacks - 2 breeders (plus two more with only a couple), 94 total dogs. Stud prices are super cheap, easy to finish dogs, and occasional group placements! High SOP is somewhere around 94.80.

Black Russian Terriers - I'm really the only breeder though there is 1 other kennel with a lot of dogs (they've since gone basic but are still showing I believe). There are only 46 total dogs in the game! Cheap studs, very low-pressure showing, high SOP is 94.95. Some group placements. happy :)

Out of all of them I'd say the Black Russians need the most help, but I enjoy Ridgebacks the most. happy :) I'd be happy to get you started in one or all of them!
 Ddedwyddach
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2018 10:55:02 PM reply with quote send message to Ddedwyddach Object to Post

Harriers! They're often at 0 entries, despite having decent dogs. I'm happy to help!
 Diasonia
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2018 9:15:08 AM reply with quote send message to Diasonia Object to Post

Oh, there are lots of choices, honestly. I keep trying to stop myself from getting into another breed hahahaha
Caucasian Mountain Dog, German Spitz, Spinone Italiano, Beauceron, Spanish Water Dog, Field Spaniel, Tibetan Spaniel, Pekingese, Estrela Mountain Dog to name some of them. happy :))))) If you are interested in any of the above, let me know, I might be able to help with the start if there aren't any for sale now.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2018 8:03:13 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Airedales, Pharaoh Hounds
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2018 9:21:18 PM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post

Old English sheep dogs could do with a bit more activity. Not to mention a lot of colour breeding options if you wanted to go that way. Only the blue Irish seems to be around any more.
 Foxfire Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2018 2:09:59 PM reply with quote send message to Foxfire Kennel Object to Post

posted by Berry Brits

Black Russian Terriers - I'm really the only breeder though there is 1 other kennel with a lot of dogs (they've since gone basic but are still showing I believe). There are only 46 total dogs in the game! Cheap studs, very low-pressure showing, high SOP is 94.95. Some group placements. happy :)

If anyone is looking fro BRT I have some available in my kennel, Thundering Hills Kennel
 Halcyon Design
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2018 2:37:47 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Design Object to Post

There isn’t many of us in Greyhounds, I’m playing around with colours too. Contact me if you fancy any pups
 Fleetwood1
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2018 8:48:42 PM reply with quote send message to Fleetwood1 Object to Post

German Shorthaired Pointer
Basset Hound
Redbone Coonhound
Irish Red And White Setter

All 4 are breeds that have less than 30 dogs in the game, so they may be in need.
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
7/20/2018 11:08:16 PM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

I second Spanish Water Dog.
 Sukai Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2018 8:03:29 AM reply with quote send message to Sukai Kennel Object to Post

Harriers
 Blackfrost Chromatics
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2018 11:57:38 AM reply with quote send message to Blackfrost Chromatics Object to Post

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions. I'm going to pick 2 off the list and start there with my free kennel - much appreciated.
 Gracefield
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2018 6:35:25 AM reply with quote send message to Gracefield Object to Post

Which did you pick? Good luck with whatever direction you went!
 Khepera Rising Sun
Basic User

Basic User
7/23/2018 12:43:04 PM reply with quote send message to Khepera Rising Sun Object to Post

(This is OP in the kennel in question)

I picked Pharaoh Hounds, Thai Ridgebacks and found that Azawakh's were also very thin, so added those too. I might be clearing out another kennel to pick up some more thin breeds. Thanks all for the suggestions and pointers!
 Heavenly Hacienda
Basic User

Basic User
7/25/2018 3:17:03 PM reply with quote send message to Heavenly Hacienda Object to Post

Dachshunds are a breed that could use some new blood and variety.. there are tons of colors to play with.. three coat textures as well.

Replies in this thread : 16

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.