Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : super kennels
 Korthals
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/18/2018 12:06:27 AM reply with quote send message to Korthals Object to Post   

Hi people

Can someone define a super kennel for me please?

Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2018 1:37:22 AM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

When people talk about super kennels they’re generally referring to kennels in the same breed controlled by one person. If somebody has multiple accounts in the same breed, it makes it a lot easier to just dominate the breed and potentially exclude other players - essentially there are multiple kennels that join together to make one “super” kennel.

There are ways to have multiple accounts in a breed and not do so in a non-abusive/super kennel way (such as keeping separate lines, not abusing entries, keeping studs/sales public, etc) but it is also easy to really establish control over a breed through using multiple accounts.

Hopefully that answers the question!
 AbleBaker
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2018 2:05:25 AM reply with quote send message to AbleBaker Object to Post

Thanks Berry for the definition.

I have multiple kennels in multiple breeds, some concentrating on colour or traits and those ones rarely show. I make studs and sale dogs available and generally compete against myself in 1 show except for my top breeds. I'm not number 1 in all of my breeds.

I just enjoy this game so much I couldn't restrict myself to 1 kennel. However I'm trying really hard not to be a superkennel which excludes other players.
 Ranchstars
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/20/2018 6:30:10 AM reply with quote send message to Ranchstars Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have more than one kennel.
All my studs are $25 and unless exceptional, puppies are $100.
I will enter shows if another player has the best handler(s) because I want people to play. If I don't enter it's because I just didn't have the time that day.
When I first started the breed was dominated by someone charging $200 for poor quality puppies and not selling anything anywhere near decent. Stud fees were $300 for mediocre and $500 anything decent. New players can't possibly compete with that and I don't want to see the breed going back that way.

-----
Last edited by Ranchstars on 8/20/2018 6:31:20 AM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.