.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : "Old" Player Returning
 Amoroso
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/1/2018 1:14:06 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post   

Hi all,

I was an active member from 2007-2009 and then again from 2012-about early 2017. So, it's been a while! I mostly bred Dachshunds (still a little sad that we still don't have Picardy photos, but I know its a huge task with that breed!), but also always had another breed in the kennel. Dachshunds are a much quieter breed now, but I'll be diving into those and PBGVs this time around happy :) Now, I'm trying it out again and will probably upgrade shortly once I get a feel for it again.

Anyways, to my questions. Has anything really changed in the last year or so that I should know about? I see more people aren't using handlers, etc? Any advice/comments appreciated!

Em
 Berry Brits
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2018 5:01:38 PM reply with quote send message to Berry Brits Object to Post

Welcome back! happy :) You may remember me as Myths, I recently-ish came back as well. laugh :D

I'm not sure what changes have taken place since you left last time but there is a glitch going on with the judges that is causing more people to owner handler more. At the moment nearly all the judges that have ever judged on SD are in the judge pool so we've got a lot of active judges, prompting people to owner handle since preferences are a pain/there are more owner handle judge preferences.

There is also an ongoing litter glitch that is causing nearly all litters to arrive around 30 minutes late, and on random days show results and assistants decide to go on strike haha.

Other than some housekeeping and bug issues I'd say the site is about the same as it was though. happy :)
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/1/2018 6:36:14 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Welcome back Amaroso!
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/1/2018 9:21:17 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

Welcome back...I do remember that kennel name.
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2018 6:09:52 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Hello! I do see some familiar faces happy :)

Well, I took the plunge and upgraded just this kennel again. So, it doesn't seem like too much has changed. The bugs and such are still there, then! Lol that is one of the reasons I took a step away, plus being in a grad program. Now, I am a high school teacher and think I need a hobby to distract me again (real life dog shows are going to be more limited, unfortunately). Let me know if something else pops up that has changed. Is there a timeline on when the rest of the Picardy photos will be done?

Em
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2018 11:46:04 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Welcome back!
 SilknT
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2018 9:12:13 AM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post

Welcome
 NorthDahl
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2018 8:51:14 AM reply with quote send message to NorthDahl Object to Post

I remember you, Amoroso! Welcome back!

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.