Search

.com Forum · Miniature Poodle

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Colors in Miniature Poodles
 dreamweaver1961
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/4/2018 2:15:35 PM reply with quote send message to dreamweaver1961 Object to Post   

Are any of the miniature poodle breeders already working to try to bring back any of the color strains? If so, what colors are you working on already? I have noticed that the majority of the miniature poodles are Blue or Silver in the game today. I have seen some Blacks, a few White, a few Cream, and I know at least 1 Red Source Pup. According to the color genetics we should be seeing at least 30% White and 30% Black so this is very confusing to me. I am thinking about starting a color project as I am about to upgrade my account, but thought I would try with a color others are not working on already.
 Sussurro
Basic User

Basic User
10/4/2018 4:24:37 PM reply with quote send message to Sussurro Object to Post

The percentage you see is the percentage used when determining the color of source/starter dogs - it has no bearing on the colors currenty in the game.

I also realized I didn't have my boys posted at stud, sorry. They are posted now.

I haven't really stayed caught up with everyone - but the colors I have close to or at current SOP are

Blue Black and Silver

I have 1 cream dog at current SOP
and 1 red dog in the 50s
(I just bred the red to two current SOP girls and got an Apricot (30s SOP)

oh and I have one bitch that carries Brown, but no one to breed her to with another *b*

So in my kennel - the reds are far behind - and anything with the *b* gene - brown, Cafe au lait...
and white is missing...

I haven't checked the other kennels - so don't know what everyone else has
 AngelAviary
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/13/2018 5:44:06 PM reply with quote send message to AngelAviary Object to Post

Hi all

Ive got browns, Café and red. All source or from source breeding. Working on bringing back the colors too! All studs will be listed when old enough to help the colors return.

Replies in this thread : 2

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.