Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Moving dogs from one kennel to another
 SummitRidge
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/12/2019 1:38:02 PM reply with quote send message to SummitRidge Object to Post   

Hi there
I originally had 2 kennels (standard accounts) with 2 breeds in each of them. I decided to purchase the family account so I could have a kennel specific for each breed and expand into some new breeds.
I was trying to move one breed over to the new kennel but just realized there is a limit restriction on how many dogs you can "sell" to another kennel. I'm "buying" the dogs for $1 each as I technically just want to move them. Is there another way to do this that I don't know about?

Thanks!!
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/12/2019 10:53:07 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It depends somewhat on how many you need to move but after you sell the first 5 from 1 to 2, sell the next 5 from 1 to 3 then from 3 to 2 and so on.

The 5 kennels should give you enough combinations to get everyone settled into the right kennel but if not, you may have to take a break for a few days. Move the girls first so you have puppies born into the right kennel. You can still use the boys wherever they are.

As for price, I use what I feel is a reasonable price were I buying or selling to or from an unrelated kennel - usually $100.

Good luck and congratulations on your expansion.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 2/12/2019 10:58:43 PM

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.