Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Tried out obedience...
 bloodbear
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/1/2019 9:23:34 PM reply with quote send message to bloodbear Object to Post   

What I learned:

- I am very surprised at how many sessions it takes to fully obedience train a dog. Wasn't expecting that. I didn't count but I know for a fact it was over 200 to fully train a Boxer.

- And because of that, I am very surprised it isn't "worth" more than it is. I just can't imagine being able to sell an average SOP dog with a UD for more than $100 to $150, even though, theoretically, if you add up the hundreds of sessions it required to achieve that title, you should be able to pretty easily.

- Considering how long it takes, how many sessions it requires, how difficult it is while also running a showing, non obedience kennel, I now understand why not very many people do it.

- The obedience titles, IMO, don't really mean anything. All dogs can get a UD if you put enough sessions into them and enter the daily trials. This game seems to have very little "information" the game can read for obedience and the highest title, UD, is just indicative of a lot of clicking. Maybe because it's called "Showdog", the obedience trial side of this was just an afterthought.

I applaud those who do do obedience and like it.
I probably will never do it again.

I like that it shows up on my dogs' names, even though the titling is screwed up on the kennel page and squashes against the front of the dogs' names.

Surprised overall and slightly disappointed.
 Emily.Rose
Basic User

Basic User
3/2/2019 3:40:34 AM reply with quote send message to Emily.Rose Object to Post

I guess I have always thought of Obedience being more for a smaller kennel or a kennel that has a lot more money. I trained like three dogs for it when I only had a few dogs just to use up sessions, but only ever entered one trial.
I agree, the payout isn't as much as I would want it to be for all of the sessioning.

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.